Dead Forum Society

Jajjemensan,kan la du hajja! Goa gubbar e vii allihopa :slight_smile:

plus the taste and smell of sausages and hot coffee and being one with nature!!!

And at one with the waitress, the ski-lift, the industrial maintenance, the plane that got you there, the thousand dollars worth you need to do it with (cheaply), the standby snow machines, the snow sweepers, the rescue teams, avalanche monitors, the garbage men and the pre-pack log cabin. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But I do quite like sliding down a hill. :laughing:

Iā€™ve gone quite light in the wallet with the excitement of it all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hello Everybody,

I havenā€™t been here in many months simply because these forums have been a little dull and Iā€™ve been busy with life. Most of my forum browsing / posting has been over a Gearslutz lately.

Once you stop looking at a forum for a while, you quickly feel disconnected from it. That being said, I do enjoy checking out the cubase forums every now and again.

-Tom

P.S. - I used to post more because I had to explain the proper method of setting up a dual boot computer after Bryce got them all confused and into buying bootloaders they didnā€™t need. :mrgreen: :laughing: Just kidding Paul!

Hi Tom, hope you are well :sunglasses:

Yeah, itā€™s like a morgue around here now, not much joy in posting things anymore :cry:

Take care !

Woodlock livened things up. Get him back. And Berylium too. :exclamation:

Yeah, Iā€™d like Paul back too, although just about all his sparring partners seem to have gone too.

Beryliamā€¦he might possibly still be lurking around here, purring away :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Mauri.

AZLBRAX and Larry.

Seriously - You could have sold tickets to their threads.

Couple of beers, big tub of popcorn, and settle down and watch the flames. Was the best spectator sport on the net for a while.

Sigh, you canā€™t even have a mildly amusing thread anymore. Someone will come along and delete it.

Look, just be explicitā€¦ Like this

MUSIC LOUNGE
General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics. Please note: Humour is strongly discouraged here and will be subject to summary deletion of thread. You are not here to have fun. You are here to engage in serious discourse about songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics. Also dumping ground for feature requests that we donā€™t want to see polluting the product fora.

Thereā€™s something very sad about a place like that :frowning: .

Mauri.

Just thought Iā€™d pop in to say that I still want to be able to move frozen VSTi parts. :ugeek:

Now Iā€™m returning to the hole from which I crawled out from. :laughing:

Tones2

Just thought Iā€™d pop in to say that I still want to be able to move frozen VSTi parts. > :ugeek: >

Opportunist! :laughing:

Thats funny!

Tony! Howā€™s things? :slight_smile:

Now Iā€™m returning from the hole to which I crawled n sayā€¦

:YFCā€™s: :laughing:

and

:wave:

Same ol discussions, eh ??

Hope everyoneā€™s well :wink:

Take care, brothers !!
You know, who you are !! :sunglasses:

How can one tell, for certain, that a Grateful Dead score actually has dotted notes and not just sloppy printing?

There must be a definitive way to ascertain that without resorting to math or powerful hallucinogens?

Similarly - That Gm Chord at the start of Shine on You Crazy Diamond - Should that be 30 bars or 32 bars long? And if I donā€™t have access to a Solina String Synth, can I use 6 people playing Polynesian Nose Flutes instead?

30 bars or 32 bars? Thatā€™s a tough one. You could split the difference and play 31 bars. Even better, play the 31 bar intro twice ā€¦ to build the suspense.

In the absence of a Solina String Synth, you could have the percussionist play that part on a conunDRUM. Drummers are well accustomed to playing more than one thing at a time without thinking about it. :wink:

I am sitting in a hotel room on the 13th floor looking across the nighttime London skyline. I have a view from the Telecom Tower to the London Eye, with tower blocks of The City in the middle and Canary Wharf in the far distance, the almost completed Shard tower towers above pretty much everything. The inky blackness of Hyde Park is right below me.

It is all, I think, quite magical.

Just thought Iā€™d share that. Sometimes we just let stuff like this just pass by unnoticed.

Thatā€™s all.

I thought it was a Gmin6 chord

at least thatā€™s what Iā€™m hearing in my head

Ah, thank you for that image! :sunglasses: