Difference between feature and fix update

Good man. You’ve worked it out. It’s no use to you. You don’t need it.
Don’t pay anything: Wallet 1. Cubase 0. Easy.

+1

+2
And here’s The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth:

Nobody can complain about spending their money on C6 and not getting what they expected. It was all there: the free trial version, which was telling you: “Buy me and this is what you’ll get”.

No one questioned why the upgrade from C5 was $50 cheaper. From what I understand C4 - C5 was $199. And indeed, trial version was there, lanes and all.

Offering a cheaper upgrade and then midway through offering an optional upgrade? Sounds like giving long time customers a break to me.

Can we put this topic to rest, please?

People paid for Windows Millennium and Vista. :laughing: Bad example…

Exactly, however, including a bunch of new features to boot!

It can be laid to rest, as nothing is going to change, even though I am disappointed with the attitude on the lanes issue, i’m not going to stop using Cubase. And from what people are reporting back, the new synths are quite good. When it comes to VST3 synths well you can count the amount there are on one hand, so having 2 more will probably be a good thing if you want to use vst expression, which I actually do.

Funny how threads that go against the grain always end up in the music lounge and out of the main cubase forum. :laughing:

I can’t comment on millenium, but vista wasn’t that bad really, a lot more stable than XP, and windows 7 is just vista minus the bloat. But then microsoft don’t know what they are doing at the best of times.

The main Cubase forum is supposed to be for technical assistance. Not for this.

Ok, so you don´t get it.

I have to buy the 6.5. There´s no way around it. I´ll either pay it now and get the bug fixes after it, or I´ll have to pay it when I update to C7. I or anyone can´t skip paying the 6.5 softh synths, amp racks, chinese language and whatnots, which have zero use for me. I´m only interested in performance updates and bug fixes.

Wallet 0. Steinberg 1. Value for my money 0. :imp:

Don’t upgrade to C7?

They’re not forcing you to buy it.

6.0.6 free update coming this week.

Also:
Historically, upgrades cost $199. It’s happening here.

Ok, so you don´t get it.

I have to buy the 6.5. There´s no way around it. I´ll either pay it now and get the bug fixes after it, or I´ll have to pay it when I update to C7. I or anyone can´t skip paying the 6.5 softh synths, amp racks, chinese language and whatnots, which have zero use for me. I´m only interested in performance updates and bug fixes.

Wallet 0. Steinberg 1. Value for my money 0.

UH! You really couldn’t make this up.

ER. No I don’t get why you’re FORCED to upgrade at all. What bug fixes affect you? I must have the same bugs but I can get my jobs done as do most users. Performance updates? What be they then?

What’s the difference in a fresh install on a formatted drive?

Faster boot times in Win 7.
Better touchscreen features.
Native SSD support.

Supported by Steinberg. :laughing:

I had Vista myself and had no problems with it. Then again, the computer that ran it was brand new hardware.
I suspect that the “anti-Vista” crowd was XP (older) machines that Vista didn’t like the hardware in.

Also:
Nice way to switch topics…

I think you are right Shinta.

You are a very good advisor, so what cartoon are you from?

I have a good grounding in computers (build my own). I also think logically before posting.

What cartoon? Just my avatar.

Reiuji Utsuho aka “Okuu”

Character from the Japanese doujin game Touhou. Specifically the 11th in the series, Subterranean Animism.

And yours is Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars - The Clone Wars?

Yes. I think it is very nice to have Computer Generated imagery and one day I hope that if Mr. Lucas is still alive that he will redo everything from day dot as a full traditional film but it seems with the global economic downturn this may never be possible and generations will be consigned to computer based music and graphics (amongst romantic comedies and sitcoms) as well as the odd pop hit.

cubasepadawan:

I love how we derailed this thread…

One thing I love about what Japanese technology has done for the world, that is “emoji”.

It would be so nice if I could design a web page full of all these beautiful characters, but of course most of them (emoji), even though they have a Unicode hexidecimal reference, are not actually supported by most Computer operating systems and instead devices such as mobile phones must have all the characters supplemented.

If my sad wrinkly life allowed time I’m sure I’d do the same. Instead I bought a Carillon PC & paid someone else to do the hard work and testing. If you think 6 audio tracks with a handful of native Steinberg plug-ins is too much for C6 to cope with, then I’m sure you’re right & I must have mis-read the advertising blurb.

However, I don’t begrudge a single penny because simply coming into contact with people like you makes me smile & feel all warm inside.

What do people not get about this? I’m confused.

They want the latest and greatest or fear “falling behind”?

I’ve seen examples of how software companies can “force” users to upgrade:

I have a financial tracking software. I HAD to upgrade because the older version (after 3 years) wouldn’t let me download my bank statements anymore (a crucial feature of the program to me). Granted, the upgrade only cost $50, so it wasn’t bad.

Then there’s anti-virus software…
However, this IS viewed (at least by the company) as a subscription to their services.