Digitising Paper Clarinet Parts

Why not?
But you would have to change it in the oboe staff/part, not the clarinet staff.

2 Likes

I should have figured this out myself, yes, thanks I did.

I am almost finished my second clarinet part. Is this common with modern music transcribing? a double bar end with a key change after it?

It’s warning you that when you jump back to the segno, the key is changing. Dorico doesn’t currently have a means of showing the right cautionary key signature (or time signature, or clef, etc.) at the point at which it jumps elsewhere, but this is something we plan to add in future.

1 Like

Daniel, interesting indeed.
What is the current alternative to this?

You have two choices: faking it with manually placed symbols, or just ignoring it and not trying to re-create it.

1 Like

Is it possible to add a measure, hide the rest and the right barline, change the key for just that measure and adjust the width? For what it’s worth, that’s how it’s done in Finale.

This is what I meant by “fake it with symbols”. You can certainly extend the measure with a few hidden rests and place symbols manually.

Depending on how the file is set up, you might not want to add an actual key change for fear of the cautionary accidentals that would occur due to the following stave. This could be avoided by using multiple flows, however.