Disk Preload causes audio glitch in Elastique Pro

I find Elastique Pro excellent for realtime stretch, but I’m noticing a strange, repeatable glitch.

EXAMPLE

1. Use Elastique Pro - Time algorithm on an audio track.
  2. Decrease the project tempo - the stretched audio plays OK.
  3. Cut up the audio into sections for looping.
  4. There is now a glitch in the audio.

The glitch only happens on the first playback of the loop - not when the loop repeats.
The glitch does not occur where the audio has been split.
The glitch happens even with one track of audio - very low CPU and disk use.

I’ve tried changing the Buffer Size and the other audio settings in Device Setup - no improvement.
The Standard stretch algorithms do not show the glitch.

The glitch is affected by the Disk Preload setting in Device Setup.
Disk Preload 2 seconds - the glitch occurs just under 2 seconds after playback begins.
Disk Preload 3 seconds - the glitch occurs just under 3 seconds after playback begins.
Disk Preload 4 seconds - the glitch occurs just under 4 seconds after playback begins.
Disk Preload 5 seconds - the glitch occurs just under 5 seconds after playback begins.
Disk Preload 6 seconds - the glitch occurs just under 6 seconds after playback begins.

I’ve tried reinstalling Cubase 7.5.40 - same problem.

I have this problem too in Cubase 8. It’s horrendous.

Any proper solutions to this?

Thanks for confirming the problem.

Anyone got a solution that works?

Got a couple of live projects where I need this to work properly.

Any solutions?

Thanks

I’ve tried using the same 16 bit wav files in Studio One and Reaper - using the same Elastique algorithms.
I haven’t heard the glitch. It seems to be a Cubase (Disk Preload) problem.

I just tested this myself and I agree. I was using 24 bit .wav files, but yes, Elastique algorithms, no glitch in Studio One or Reaper. It also does it perfectly in Sonar X3, no idea what algorithm is in Sonar X3 but the result was super-smooth in X3 and the timing was spot on.

Thing is, I don’t want to have to switch between different DAWs when working on projects. What’s more, I should not have to. Plus, it really slows down workflow and productivity. Come on, Steinberg.

Hi i cant seem to activate the realtime Elastique timestretch in cubase 8.5

1. Use Elastique Pro - Time algorithm on an audio track.??
  2. Decrease the project tempo - the stretched audio plays OK.?? this does not happen for me, any help appreciated :slight_smile: