Doeico 3 died

I did not mean Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3 but /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3. You see the difference, the leading slash before Library?
That means that Library folder is in the root of your hard disk and not in the user’s home directory.

From the crash dumps I can see that there is a library from Propellerheads loaded, namely /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/*/REX Shared Library.bundle

I don’t know if that is Rewire or not, but could you try moving that temporarily out of the way and see if it makes a difference?

Hi, just tried that but its still the same…

And how about temporarily moving /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/*/REX Shared Library.bundle out of the way? You definitely have that because it appears in the crashdumps.

Tried it, still the same?

Everything was working fine? all I did was download and install the Cubase 10.5.12 update - now Iv lost everything.

May I see the latest crash log?

Where would it be please

Its a Hang file and the only way I can load it is the change .hang to .crash
however it says its too large to send.

here it is zipped :slight_smile:
Dorico 3_2020-03-26-221811_Andys-MacBook-Pro.Crash.zip (160 KB)

Sorry for having been imprecise, I wanted to see the last crash dump of VSTAudioEngine (or Cubase).

Will upload this morning. I’m willing to let Cubase go and replace it with another DAW if as it seems Cubase is not Mac friendly, but I desperately need Dorico working… I don’t use a dongle with Dorico as I just wanted to keep it on my Mac only.

here it is.
Cubase 10.5_2020-03-27-101643_Andys-MacBook-Pro.crash (94.8 KB)

We have hundred thousands of Cubase customers on Mac, so you can’t say it is unstable in general.
There is something particular about your system and we need to find out.
And it’s the same issue in Dorico, so if we find the cause for Dorico, then automatically also for Cubase (or vice versa.)

In the last Cubase crash dump, I can see that still that Propellerhead REX library is loaded.
Did you really move that file out of the way?
Could you please do again, let it crash and post then that crash dump? Thanks

i did move it and then after it crashed I put it back, should I completely delete it?

i moved the Propellerhead folder out (it contains a ReWire folder and a Rex Folder.
Heres the crash file.

Andy
Cubase 10.5_2020-03-27-105316_Andys-MacBook-Pro.crash (95 KB)

Thanks very much. And no, not deleting completely, but just move it in a way that Cubase and Dorico don’t “see” it anymore. You could put it also into the trash can and later recover it from there. I just don’t want you to blame me in the end, if it is gone :wink:

And according to that crash dump that Propellerhead library got still loaded:
se.propellerheads.rex.library (1.7.0 - 1.7.0) <55A4808A-FF69-8A7F-B907-32627CC33D78> /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/*/REX Shared Library.bundle/Contents/MacOS/REX Shared Library

Maybe if you could move the whole Propellerhead Software folder elsewhere, e.g. to your desktop. That’s where Cubase/Dorico will not “see” it anymore.

Hi,
Iv gone back into Library/Aplication Support/
And the Propellerhead file is not in there. - I put it on the desktop before I tried to load Cubase.

Hows this…

There was also a Propellerhead Folder in the Library file on in the Mac HD/Library/application support ----

I didn’t realise there’s more than one Library folder
Cubase 10.5_2020-03-27-114443_Andys-MacBook-Pro.crash (92.1 KB)

Thanks very much, in that crash dump the Propellerhead library does not appear anymore.
So that rules Propellerhead out then. This is good to know, but unfortunately does not help much further.
You can put it back now.

But if it is not that, it’s getting really difficult, because I’m also running out of steam. I need to ask others…

:unamused: