Dorico 3.5 Power Usage on Windows 10 PC after closing

Does anyone know why I would have Very High Power Usage Background Processing in my Windows Task Manager after closing my copy of Dorico 3.5 on a Windows 10 PC with 16GB of RAM (see image attached)? Shouldn’t the power usage clear after a certain period of time after closing the program? Thanks.

Weird, but clearly the Dorico process has not yet exited in fact, and must be hung or spinning on something. Can you duplicate this after a reboot deterministically? If so, I suppose the support people would want a Diagnostic Report file from Dorico.

FWIW on my Windows 10 system if I quite Dorico it immediately goes from the task manager.

This thread may be related, as it seems the process has not exited:

1 Like

If Dorico is still running, then the audio engine will also be running, and the audio engine runs with a high-priority thread, which might explain the higher energy usage, as real-time threads are more expensive computationally than lower-priority ones.

I had a number of virtual instruments attached to that file. When I created a new file and imported the same 54 flows into the new file with no virtual instruments, the problem disappeared. I think Dorico was having difficulty shutting down the virtual instruments. Thanks for the responses.

1 Like