Dorico 3 Pro don't Work - Failed to send GetInfo command

I did it more times but it doesn’t work.

Jerry

Jerry, are you using the USB-eLicenser or the Soft-eLicenser on your computer?

I’m using the USB-eLicenser on my computer.

If you see this (Engrave tab) you are running Dorico Pro 3.

pro3.png
If you see this, you are running Elements 3.

elem3.png
Is it possible that you downloaded Elements when you meant to download Dorico Pro?

It’s not possible that they downloaded Elements when they meant to download Pro. There is only one Dorico 3 app. It runs as Pro, Elements or LE depending on which license available.

Leo,

Agreed, but I’m guessing that one can ask for a demo license to run either Pro or Elements. If Jerry downloaded the wrong license, that might explain why he does not see the Engrave button.

(Since I leaped in with both feet when Dorico 1.0 came out, I have never gone through or seen the demo download screens.)

I fear we’re going off at a pointless tangent, Derrek.
A) you don’t download a license - it’s a code that you type to activate (but this is a point of semantics - I guess you could argue that by displaying this message in your browser you’ve “downloaded” it, but that’s a pretty antiquated use of the term “download”)
B) who said anything about demo licenses?

Then there’s the fact that the OP has a screenshot attached that shows the Dorico Pro splash screen, which indicates that there must have been a functioning Pro licence available at some point.

For the sake of completeness, this is what the Elements splash screen looks like:

(You can run it yourself, by holding down the Alt/Opt key while launching Dorico 3.)

Pianoleo, the elicenser says it is “downloading the licence” (and warns you this might not be instataneous) after you type the authorization code.

But I agree this is getting beside the point.

I guess there is one possibility that this is related to having the wrong license: if the OP happens to have a time-limited (24 hour) All Steinberg Products license on their dongle, and he/she happens to have purchased (or 30-day trialled) Dorico Elements. It’s pretty unlikely, though.

But worth considering, perhaps, since nothing else so far has worked.
I think I may have gotten two threads crossed: in one the poster said he couldn’t see the Engrave button. I must have erroneously thought this was that thread.

(And Leo, how do you think I got the Elements screenshot if I didn’t know about holding down ALT? I have actually called attention to it in other posts.)

I bought Pro …

It started with the first screenshot, the second and so on … in my opinion it’s the eLicenser …

Jerry
3_Screenshot.png
2_Screenshot.png
1_Screenshot.png

… an the last ones … sorry … it’s German …
5_Screenshot.png
4_Screenshot.png

I running the maintenance, there was no problem … (USB-eLicenser)

Jerry
Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-21 um 17.14.00.jpg

Hi Daniel,

at the moment runs Dorico fine, without error messages and the engrave button is back. In my opinion is the problem related to the USB-eLicenser, USB-Port or other stuff from the USB surrounding.

No problem with the 30 day trial.

Jerry

We’ll see if we can reproduce the problems with using the USB-eLicenser in-house. Those of us in the team who are using Dorico exclusively on laptop computers tend not to use the USB-eLicenser, but when I’m back in the office (next week) I’ll try running only with the USB-eLicenser to see if I can get similar symptoms.

… I have an additional idea … my USB-eLicenser is very old, approximately 20 years? What do you think?

Jerry

It might be worth trying one of the newer, smaller USB-eLicensers, certainly.

I ordered a new one. The delivery should be tomorrow and then I want to test it.

Jerry

Hi Daniel,

I installed the eLicenser-Software, but no improvement, I got the same error messages. I’m waiting for the new USB-eLicenser.

Jerry

I got the new one and it’s funny. I installed my licenses to the new USB-eLicenser, after I started Dorico and got the same error messages. And then I used another USB port and now, the error messages gone … I hope for forever …

Jerry