Dorico Cubase sync?

I’m on Dorico Pro 3.5 and Cubase Pro 11. I’d like to have my Cubase audio tracks playing in sync with my Dorico project. Is there a way to do this?

No, at present there’s no sync possible between Dorico and Cubase.

Wow, thanks. Hard to believe how such a basic sync feature couldn’t make it into Dorico Pro to this point, especially considering Dorico and Cubase are the same company. It’s like 2 groups of people at Steinberg were not talking to each other from the get go. Keeping the Pro versions of both Dorico and Cubase up to date are substantial investments, so it’s disappointing.

@eboats hello,
Well, the real-time synchronization between Dorico and Cubase/Nuendo/ isn’t an easy task.
If we would like to have well working synchronization Dorico should mature in most of it’s MIDI related functions to get as close as possible to Cubase, on the other side Cubase should adopt some ideas from Dorico (Flows, the Expression Maps design)…
I also need this real-time sync between Dorico and Cubase, but don’t expect it to happen even in Dorico 4.5 <-> Cubase 12.
This integration will take a lot of time, and you need to keep in mind that both teams have to work on other important aspects of the apps, too. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz