Dorico Elements 4 – Grace Period Eligible – Need DAC

I clicked “Maintenance” in the eLicenser Control Center – it updated my Dorico Elements 3.5 to Dorico Elements 3.5 (Grace Period Eligible) in my USB eLicenser but it did not direct me to the website where I could receive a Download Access Code. I clicked a link in another forum thread but this one send me a code for Dorico Pro 4 and I don’t wish to upgrade at this time to Pro. I’m simply looking for a Download Access Code for Dorico Elements 4. Thanks.

The exactly same thing happened to me. Did you find any solution for this?

I’ve taken care of @Martin_Pupkov’s issue, but @DoricoRabbit, if you still need help and haven’t already contacted our support team, you can email me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de including a screenshot of eLicenser Control Center showing your Dorico Elements 3.5 license, and I’ll be able to help you.

Not yet but I’ve reached out and hopefully it will be resolved soon. The new update looks absolutely amazing. So many new features.

Upgrade worked perfectly. Looks awesome.

I’ve purchased Dorico Elements 4 yesterday from BestService.com activated the code and it says Dorico Elements 3.5 and it doesn’t allow me to run Dorico E.4 that I’ve downloaded. Can you please help?

Sorry to hear about that, @mikehooks. Could you send me a direct message here with the code you received from Best Service so I can take a look and see what you’ve received?

Thanks! I’ve messaged you

I’m in sort of the same situation, but with Dorico Pro 4. I received Dorico 3.5 Pro in late November as a gift, so I assume I’m within the grace period. I’ve been trying all day to upgrade, but without the 3.5 DAC I run into a brick wall. The email containing the 3.5 DAC was deleted so I’m at wit’s end, thinking Dorico 3.5 Pro will be my best version for the long term. What do I do? [Late at night… crying for a solution]

My understanding is that the code is emailed by AskNet and it’s taking more time than what the team had expected…

If you received Dorico Pro 3.5 in November, @Stephen_Moore, then you should be safely within the automatic grace period. In eLicenser Control Center, run the default maintenance tasks: hopefully at the end of that process you will see that your 3.5 license is marked as “Grace Period Eligible”, and at that point you should be prompted to go online to get your update. If this doesn’t happen, please send me a direct message including a screenshot of your eLicenser Control Center window showing your Dorico 3.5 license, and I’ll advise further.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel,

Shortly after my Forum plea for help I quite, by accident, happened upon the right formula for retrieving my Download Access Code. I downloaded Dorico Pro 4, but when I looked at the shortcuts on my Desktop, I still have eLicenser instead of Steinberg License, and have yet to bring up Dorico Pro 4. Dorico 3.5 Pro still works fine. I obviously forgot an important step along the line. Do I have to uninstall and redownload, or can I just install a Steinberg License separately.

Thanks for your time,
Stephen

Installing Dorico 4 won’t get rid of your existing eLicenser installation - we allow you to keep running Dorico 3.5, and of course you might have other products that still use the eLicenser too. However, you should now additionally have a Steinberg Activation Manager application, which is what you need in order to manage the licences that belong to the Steinberg Licensing world.