Dorico for Ipad issues with ICloud

A score created on one Ipad and saved on ICloud can’t be opened on another Ipad. The score is greyed out and I get an error message when I try t open it. Dorico 2.51

Does the project appear in the iCloud Drive tab in the Hub window on the iPad? If so, try opening it from there.

Yes , it appears in the Hub, but it’s kind of greyed- out and can’t be opened,

If you go to the Files app and navigate to the Dorico folder inside the iCloud Drive folder, then force the project to be downloaded, does that help?

Sorry, but there is no Dorico folder in the ICloud drive.

Do you also have a Mac computer with Dorico installed, or are you only working on two iPads?

I have a Mac computer with Dorico installed, but its version 3.5.

That’s OK. Let’s see if we can get that Dorico folder to show up for you.

Create a new project in Dorico, then when you go to save it, in the Save dialog, expand the menu next to the label Where and see if you have a heading iCloud Library, and below that a folder marked Dorico – iCloud Drive. If you see that, choose that as the location, and save the project in there.

Then take a look in the iCloud Drive folder in the Files app on your iPad: does the Dorico folder appear there now?

Sorry, at the moment I can’t even start Dorico. When I try to start the app, a dark Dorico logo pops up for a while, then the screen gets totally black and that’s it. Restarting the Ipad doesn’t help. It seems to be the issue, which I have found in some other posts. This issue has obviously not been fixed in Dorico 2.51.

To resolve this issue, go to the Files app, then go into On My iPad, and look inside the Dorico folder. Make sure that you copy any projects you find there to a different location, as everything in this folder is about to be deleted.

Once you’ve done that, delete Dorico from your iPad, then reinstall it from the App Store, and it will open up again.

I’ve done this before and now I got the same issue the second time. This can’t be the solution for all time. Does it happen, because I have chosen “save on ICloud”?

No, in general that doesn’t cause problems, but in rare circumstances this situation does arise where, for an unknown reason, Dorico is unable to restore the last project you were working on. The best way to be sure you avoid it is to close whatever project you were working on when you finish your session.

Thats kind of strange. I don’t know this issue with any other app. E.g Cubasis, which works the same with saving projects automatically. But it never crashed , because a project has not been closed .

In the meantime I have created a folder named Dorico on ICloud with the Files app. But the app doesn’t take notice of this folder. That means nothing will be saved into this folder and Dorico doesn’t read anything from this folder and shows none of the files in the folder, when I choose the ICloud tab .

No, don’t create the Dorico folder in the Files app. You need to create it in the way I described in this earlier post in the thread.

For me it seems, that these two problems have the same cause, which means that Dorico has problems with the ICloud.

I have tried your advice to save a Dorico project in the ICloud library, but I can’t figure it out how to do it. I created a new project, opened the menu for save (on the desktop version 3.5), but there is no option to choose ICloud library. I can save it in the Icloud, but not into the ICloud library, because there is no option do it.

If your Mac is capable of it, try installing the Dorico Pro 4 trial version and doing it from that version of the application.

My Mac is not capable for that, because I have OS 10.13, which isn’t supported by Dorico 4. But I don’t really understand, why Dorico for Ipad needs the Desktop version to work properly with the ICloud.

It doesn’t in normal circumstances, but if you are in the unfortunate situation that the correct Dorico folder doesn’t show up inside iCloud Drive on your iPad, the only way we know of to force this folder to appear is to do the procedure described above. We have asked for Apple’s assistance on this issue but so far they have been unable to help us, so we’re on our own.