Dorico midi note velocity editor issues

Hi I noticed under my settings that the midi note velocity editor does the following

1. Using select arrow (points diagonally up and left) the selected notes across time all have velocities changed to be the same (velocity differences NOT maintained)
  2. Using slope (/) increase/decrease, ALL notes played together, including any not specifically selected, have their initial velocities changed to be equal to each other (velocity leveling) after the slope implementation
  3. Using the “Dotted Box” selector, the selected notes across time appear (in the Velocity bars shown in Playing Techniques) to have their velocities changed equally but do not actually change their played volume.
  4. When using the crayon/pencil (points down and left) ALL voices go up and down together, including those not specifically selected, and ALL voices are given the same velocity even when they did not originally have the same velocity
  5. When using the Histogram, I’m able to (a) select a particular set of notes (say the treble) and (b) click on the Histogram button and set it to “Selection” and alter the velocities of the selected notes ONLY - and there is no velocity levelization - which are what I think all of the above should do too - once you select a set of notes for edit, only those selected should be affected
  6. Have we lost the use of the D 3.5 Velocity box where you can input a velocity number (or click on +/-) for a set of notes?
  7. The editor is glitchy - sometimes it will not respond to mouse clicks, and you cannot select notes to edit with the mouse, even though the keyboard might be working

Thanks!

Hi I noticed under my settings that the midi note velocity editor does the following

1. Using the select arrow (points diagonally up and left) to alter note velocities, the velocities of the selected notes are all changed to be the same. Why are the initial velocity differences not maintained? Is there a way to change that?
  2. Using slope (/) velocity increase/decrease tool, ALL notes played together at the same time, including any not specifically selected , have their initial velocities changed to be equal to each other (velocity leveling) after the slope implementation.
  3. Using the “Dotted Box” selector to alter velocities, the selected notes appear (in the Velocity bars shown in Playing Techniques) to have their velocities changed equally but do not actually change their played volume. Can this be fixed?
  4. When using the crayon/pencil (points down and left) ALL voices go up and down together, including those not specifically selected, and ALL voices are given the same velocity even when they did not originally have the same velocity. Same questions.
  5. When using the Histogram, I’m able to (a) select a particular set of notes (say the treble) and (b) click on the Histogram button and set it to “Selection” and alter the velocities of the selected notes ONLY - and there is no velocity levelization across voices - which are behaviors that I think all of the above should do too - once you select a set of notes for edit, only those selected should be affected
  6. Have we lost the use of the D 3.5 Velocity box where you can input a velocity number (or click on +/-) for a set of notes?
  7. The editor is glitchy - sometimes it will not respond to mouse clicks, and you cannot select notes to edit with the mouse, even though the keyboard might be working
  8. Looks very promising in general!!

Thanks!

Please don’t post the same messages multiple times. If you can’t find a previous message you have sent to the forum, please go to the Activity tab from your user profile, where you can find all of the threads and messages you have sent. Thanks!

There were no responses, which is why I reposted. I tried to delete the old one - okay?

No need to delete the old post: I have combined them together here. If you have any further observations that are linked to this area of the program, please feel free to post them as a further reply in this thread.

Great thanks