Dropouts on Exporting mix

OK, this has reared it’s ugly head again. I get tiny little glitches on mixdown even with a hugely powerful computer and my RMe Digiface set at 1024 samples. Very frustrating and embarrassing.
Just tiny little intermittent glitches, usually on a vocal track with 3-4 waves inserts and some Variaudio…
Anyone else?

No particular issue when exporting a whole project but admittedly, they are usually rather small and, more to the point, I seldom use Variaudio and never have used any Waves product…

So, my question would be : does it also happen if you render in place the involved vocal track first, using the Disable Source Tracks option ?

I’ll try that but because I have such a powerful computer, surely I shouldn’t have to do this. I never had to with Cubase 7 & 8 years ago with much less of a computer…

Yep, probably you shouldn’t. But sadly, using a DAW isn’t always a straightforward experience. Beside this, have you test your system with LatencyMon ?

Just ask this, as even powerful setups can behave erraticaly when graphic/network/wi-fi drivers or power/USB management settings come in the way…

I’ve run LatencyMon several times, no issues. Actually, I don’t have any issues with Cubase except for this Export bug

I noticed that after a couple of windows updates, all my USB hubs were set to power off. I unchecked them all, do you think that might have something to do with it?

Absolutly unable to give a meaningful answer, as I have no USB hub, from which, no experience concerning them. The problem is also that something that will work on a given setup, won’t on another one.

Same ol’ pitfalls occuring with things that are supposed to be driven by exact science… :neutral_face: