dspMixFx 1.5 Update for UR-C Interfaces

We are pleased to announce the release of an update version 1.5 for the entire range of UR-C audio interfaces.

This free comprehensive update makes the UR-C interfaces even more versatile. With its newly introduced Voice Chat mode, the dspMixFX UR-C mixing application now provides the ideal routing options for online meeting applications. All included effects sport a new design, enhanced features, a large meter for input/output levels, resizable HiDPi support and include new presets, while the native Basic FX Suite now also supports AAX.

The UR-C version 1.5 update is available for the entire range of UR-C audio interfaces, updating the firmware as well as providing an update for the TOOLS for UR-C (which also includes an updated version of the dspMixFX UR-C application and the Basic FX Suite). An iOS app update of dspMixFX UR-C is available through the App Store.

Best regards,

Stefan Schreiber

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: (UR44c) insufficient DSP resource after firmware update 1.5

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: (UR44c) insufficient DSP resource after firmware update 1.5

All looks good, update successful thanks.

Just wondering if there’s any chance in future updates to allow adding a delay in the FX list? The native Cubase delay would be great. Just sometimes I do things with guitars & vocals that would be great if I could use a delay while I’m monitoring.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi,

I have an ur816c, and now its not working after updating to 1.5…

I have uninstalled Fx, Software and Driver without any usb but mouse and keyboard, restarted, reinstalled again but no way.

DSPMIX seems not comunicating with the interface as it doesn’t show any meter and faders, mute/solo buttons are not working…

I’m in MAC 11.13, also checked the security and privacity section … I really don’t know what to do…

1 Like

The Basic FX channel strip VST now looks quite different than the one in dspMixFX. Will this be aligned? Is it just visual differences or are the functional ones?

I am experiencing the same issues on a UR44C. I am also working on a Mac. (OS 10.14.6, Mojave)
OS recognizes my hardware but dspmixFX no longer works: no dsp, no metering.

@aram
I had similar issues and after consulting with Steinberg Tech Support and trying to reinstall drivers, etc, they deemed the unit malfunctional. If you are still under warranty, contact tech support! Good luck!

Hi , thanks for the info.

It seems a software issue as I downgraded to 2.04 and its working aperantly well BUT REV-X interface insie Cubase its a black window, cannot use it. In DSPMIX Rev-X it’s ok but not as a VST plugin inside cubase.

The only answer from Steinberg to me was “DSPMIX its not compatible yet with Big Sur” :angry: When I’m on High Sierra!

I tried to install the software. I guess , the instructions could have stated to Uninstall the driver etc. I followed the instructions to the letter. Logged in as administrator. Regardless. The 3 boxes that installation wizard wants checked can’t be checked, grayed out. Likely because the old software will have to be manually removed before you install the update from the. Exe file. I’m only guessing here. I’m thinking the install wizard doesn’t want to do the install in one action. Big pain… as usual. Is it OK if I just omit this update and use the 80’s looking dspmix ui. I love the sexy hardware steinberg puts out, but the software… off putting. My URC44 works! I’m so scared of basic updates that I think I’ll just use the small features that reliably work and just chalk up the rest to wishful thinking… if I could start all over. I wish I never saw hans zimmer passionately speaking about his 30+ years with Cubase. I wish I never heard of Steinberg or Cubase. I’ve given up trying to make it all work. I have 20% working and it’s all I need I guess untill I can buy it all over again with another music software/hardware developer. The thousands of hours saved watching YouTube tutorials to make heads or tails of the, what should be, simple stuff, will be worth the money.

Regrettably,

Sean

Huh. I just did the updates and it looks like everything is working! Firmware updated to 1.50, Driver updated to 2.05, app 1.50.

I never used the software (dspMixFx) before but have been playing with it lately for some live streaming I’ll attempt later in the month. I do wish they’d allow me to control a delay in the app/firmware so I could use a camera+capture card as a webcam, and keep the UR44C as the audio device, vs. trying to pipe audio into the camera, or having to use something like OBS to do the sync, when it’s a single camera. Maybe next time…

Hi. I’m hoping to buy the UR22-C to record directly to video or stream on Zoom using my iPhone. Does anyone know if I will be able to add reverb from the onboard DSP when doing this? I’ve watched a few videos from before the 1.5 update which show it’s not possible as the reverb can’t be “printed”. Has this been changed now? Thanks in advance!

I also had a weeks worth of issues trying to get my new UR44C working on my Intel Mac under Big Sur. The answer is to boot into recovery mode, and reduce the security settings listed there. Reboot, then re-install the version 151 driver for the UR44C. I had to reboot a couple of times after that, but finally the correct security window popped up, and now everything is running smoothly. Don’t give up!
By the way i have both the UR44 and the UR44C interfaces. The UR44C sounds much “crisper” than the UR44.

Also, of course, unplug your UR interface when installing the drivers!

same here, I have a ur22C , using Mac monetary, dsp effects work but loop back doesn’t

loop back doesn’t work for me on ur22c , and according to Steinberg I URC units can’t downgrade which is nonsense, any solutions??