East West Play not showing up as VST

On Windows (not sure about Macs), Earlier versions of Opus, and even some releases of Play 6 had some issues with word builder for Concert and Hollywood choirs. It’s been several months ago, but once upon a time using Play 5 was the only way to get word builder working in Dorico (without third party hacks in-between).

It had something to do with Dorico not sending a signal that the word builder needed to know the transport is playing. Members of the Dorico team announced some corrections for that from both sides of the fence (In Dorico and over at EW).

I haven’t personally run tests in Dorico lately (present projects route through a Bidule instance to Play 6…as that was my fix to get it running well in Dorico…I used Bidule to ‘fake’ the signal required to get things working), but I ‘think’ a combination of fixes in both Dorico, and the latest versions of Opus VST3 should have those issues ironed out by now?

In short…if you don’t use the choirs with word builder…Opus should be good to go either way. Opus VST3 (with all the Native Apple Silicon goodness baked in) is worth a try even if you do use the word builder instruments.