Elicenser Bug When Opening Dorico Pro 3.1 after Vienna Ensemble Pro 7

Hello Dorco team and everyone at Steinberg,
I have serious problem with the Elicenser when I’m trying to open Dorico after Vienna Ensemble Pro 7.0.954.
I’m always getting the following Error message:
eLicenser Bug Dorico - VE Pro 7.png
I did restart the computer, but this didn’t help!
I’m using them both on the same Workstation.
I have the latest eLicenser software.
When I’m trying the opposite way, to open VE Pro 7 after Dorico, it is possible, but the following Error message
appears:
eLicenser Bug VE Pro 7.png
Both keys for Dorico and for VE Pro 7 are saved on the USB dongle.

The similar is the situation with the eLicenser and Cubase Pro + VE Pro 7.

I hope there will be any solution to this problem! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

There’s a thread in the Cubase forum that refers to the “Soft elicenser doesn’t have enough permissions” issue. It seems that a solution worked for one user.

David hello,
Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile: Unfortunately this doesn’t help… There is no way to make the both apps work at the same time.

Greetings :slight_smile:

Thuriasz, I suggest you contact our support team via MySteinberg. They’re better placed to deal with these kinds of eLicenser issues than we in the Dorico team are.

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile: I will contact the support team. By the way, very nice online interview for Scoring Notes! :slight_smile:
I wish success to the Engraving conference! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

Daniel, unfortunately Steinberg doesn’t provide direct support for my country - Bulgaria.
It redirects me to the distributor’s list.
For sure the distributor here won’t be able to help me.
Another option is to make an international phone call.

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

Have you contacted VI support?

Derrek hello,
You mean VSL? Still I didn’t contact VSL about this issue. I suppose it’s eLicenser issue?!
I’ll let them know about it, but still Steinberg is the owner of eLicenser.

Greetings :slight_smile:

Hello,
I also had this problem :
The two program must have the same statut( or both as administrator or both normal). When I had this problem I finally choosed normal.
I just tested now for you and and I can reproduce it easy:
If I open Vienna ensemble pro 7 as administrator than open dorico 3.1 in normal mode, I have the Elicencer control message:xxx doesn’t have enought permission.
Do you know how to change “run as administrator” or not ?
Best regards
Dup

Hello Dup,
Yes, the problem was user permissions related. Thank you for the help! :slight_smile:
Dorico is set to Run as Administrator, while VEP 7 wasn’t, but now everything is alright!
I didn’t expect that the user permissions would affect the eLicenser…

Best regards,
Thurisaz