eLicenser Server Status

Similar problem with Nuendo 11 just bought.
I waited for 2 days. What to do now, I have paid nearly 1000 € for 1 software not usable?

1 Like

Don’t worry man! In December when they had the same problem, I had to prepare tracks for an online concert. I lost 600$, but I contacted Steinberg and they offered me a 15% discount for any of their site products :joy:

2 Likes

I agree. I had a hard time yesterday. Tinkering the network about almost 5 hour, turns out it’s the server problem, not my network settings. The error message is not very helpful too.

If only the error message at the eLicenser communicate more clearly what could possibly happen. (e.g. if the problem is license server outage, check our page [help center links] for further updates and information ; network setting could be the problem. Check our page [troubleshooting links] for troubleshooting steps)

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to just improve this specific licensing error message for a sophisticated company like Steinberg.

8 Likes

They really need to communicate better. Honestly this is Day-3 of me being down and I am losing my patience. iLok is the way to go Steinberg. You know its the right thing to do.

3 Likes

They made an announcement on their Facebook page guys! It is in Spanish! :joy:

1 Like

Unfortunately ! i lost my money

Capture d’écran 2021-02-25 135737|464x307

Same problem for me too. I have purchased cubase pro 11 and cannot use it. :expressionless:

Mee too, total frustation after some hours trying it,

Spain still down. I can’t think why it is taking so long their database admin staff must be useless or so short staffed or with shoddy equipment that they can’t get the thing running properly.

I am a qualified Database Administrator and software engineer.

You are right, the software is one of the best and Steinberg have enough experience and years of practice to get these things right. So showing dis-satisfaction is important as these are not cheap products. BUT it must be done with respect no ffing and blindinng.

To be honest, Elicenzer dongle is a headache. And today’s problem concerns only honest users. Pirates can download Cubase 11 PRO on torrent at any time and use it without problems. But honest users have a bigger problem now. After all, Presonus, Ableton, Native Instruments somehow manage without this dongle … I ask Steinberg to think carefully about this issue. Only honest users are affected by this protection.

6 Likes

in 15 years of Cubase, I’ve never had a problem

Lucky man. I had a big problem that I couldn’t solve for a long time. All Steinberg software products were very slow. Cubase took a few minutes to load, same with GA and Halion. For a long time I could not understand what was the matter until I found information that this is my old dongle slowing down the work. I had to buy a new one. What for? I am an honest user since Cubase 4. I buy all updates. And personally, I don’t need this protection. So why should I pay for this? And now we have the situation we have. Pirates have no problem, and honest users have a big problem.

1 Like

To be honest, Elicenzer dongle is a headache. And today’s problem concerns only honest users. Pirates can download Cubase 11 PRO on torrent at any time and use it without problems.

What are you waiting for then?

I am waiting for the problem with the e-licenser to be resolved to finally activate my Cubase 11 update. And for what purpose are you interested?

If you would be an “honest user”, as you say, you wouldn’t even consider or mention piracy.

“Why would I wait for my ordered car, when I can just steal one?”

Before you can write, you need to learn to read.

2 Likes

Is strange because this is the first argument that a dongle “lover” will tell you about it: “how about that Cubase wasn’t cracked since 5.0?”

Three days outage of the eLicense system, unable to use purchase, with such poor communication from Steinberg.

I expected better than this.

Can anyone point me to the complaints policy and procedure for Steinberg? I cannot locate it but there must be something.

1 Like

I don’t care how many times it was cracked, and I’m no dongle lover either. I wouldn’t even consider or looking at stolen software. That’s my point.

Anyway, let’s hope that Steinberg fix this soon, so we don’t have to discuss stupid and silly arguments anymore.

1 Like