eLicenser Server Status

No update on the issue in the last 24 hours? Please tell me they didn’t go home for the weekend.

1 Like

Day 3 for me. Lol… Nice work Steinberg!

2 Likes

I don’t think they work weekends either

1 Like

That last update (which provided no info other than confirming that the server was down again) was at 8:20pm CET Friday. It’s now after 5:00pm CET Saturday. A day and a half ago, their lack of information was mind-boggling. At this point, it’s an arrogant disregard for their customers.

3 Likes

I think Steinberg will just issue a one-paragraph apology. Four years or so ago I bought the USB dongle and it was rubbish, the resin casing started to crack at the corners. Steinberg didn’t give a rat, They replaced one and the second had the same design flaw. They like the money flowing in but are not interested in customer service. It was the same with Spectral 7 days overdue for the free update. Everyone says “We are the honest people because only honest people are affected” Despite this I will still never buy a pirate version of anything but I do know that Ableton customer service is better.

1 Like

Given the lack of any updates since yesterday morning I am thinking they have gone home for the weekend. At this point I doubt we will see a fix until later on Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.

Sucks because I had set aside the entire weekend to begin working with my new software.

4 Likes

They could at least send an email, the communication is just lame. Nothing is mentioned to alert customers when trying to buy a new steinberg product right now, because let’s be honest steinberg has been selling products for 3 days that won’t be functioning right away…

1 Like

How about fixing the elicencer server issue. Two days down so far. New feature requests are pointless if you can’t use your licenced software!

1 Like

I’m wondering if there is a timeline for when the eLicense server will be up and running?

1 Like

Bookmark this. Press F5 every 5 seconds. :wink:

Although that probably will bring their web server down, and cause complete catastrophy…

1 Like

February 25, 2021

8:00 AM CET
We are experiencing license server outages which may lead to failed license transactions (license activation, license transfer and license upgrades).
We are investigating and work on a resolution to be available as soon as possible.

Please note: Licenses cannot get lost! Failed license transactions can be restarted once the license server is back online.

1:45 PM CET
We are in the process of validating the database which will take some additional time due to the size of the database. More updates to follow.

7:00 PM CET
Unfortunately, the maintenance work will take a little longer. More updates to follow.

February 26, 2021

7:35 AM CET
The license server is back online and accessible again.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused!

8:20 AM CET
Unfortunately, the license server is offline again. We have started the analysis.

February 27, 2021

8:00 AM CET
Unfortunately, we don’t care about anything but your money. Cry more !

6 Likes

2 days off and still no news of when or what…
Customer service seems not interested.

Sorry this isn’t any help, because the license server is still down. But you are absolutely right when you say “stupidly complicated” installation process. I can’t believe that Steinberg still rely on dongle technology: I first encountered such methods over 30 years ago. Surely, for software, they can find better methods of verifying legitimate ownership|?!

Is there any chance to use something, what is working for the license management ? I am sorry, but I would like to use Cubase, no matter, if there is damaged eLicenser tool…
Or, just shortly, put status of the server or notification to the customers to know about… its horrible to find it after hour…

I am an IT professional that has a 99.996% record with the applications and servers I support over the last 15 years. I can help you recover from this if there were even minimal IT standards in place. Feel free to make contact.

1 Like

Anyone know the procedure for cancelling an order and getting a refund? Always had good experiences with Steinberg in the past, but this one has been a bit of a duffer.

Please see this announcement:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/license-server-outage/699299?u=steve

2 Likes

Via: Support : Steinberg - Online Shop Support by asknet

1 Like

Same problem here! Worst service and care I’ve seen in my life! :rage: :rage:

I will never buy any product in the future that comme with any licence of any Steinberg product

2 Likes