eLicenser Server Status

Comms, Comms, Comms. It’s not hard, keep people updated with the situation Steinberg, and it stops the anger and lessens the frustration. Once people understand, you can manage expectations. Feedback is, keep people informed!

3 Likes

That announcement was updated minutes ago, I think that’s what they’re doing.

3 Likes

Thanks, I did have a look through the extensive ’ Information on the right of withdrawal for consumers in accordance with Section 13 BGB’ on the end of the invoice, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing it. Looks easy enough on paper, but looking easy on paper doesn’t always become easy in the real world :slight_smile: eg. ‘slow mode’ means this reply might be delayed :smiley:

2 Likes

Apparently I picked the wrong weekend to Upgrade. It’s always sumpin.

4 Likes

Just bought over $600 dollars in VSL libraries. There was no warning at the purchase that activation would be impossible. :angry:

4 Likes

I am starting to think thats a good idea for the time being. if only Mac Torrents are as easy and Window torrents

2 Likes

we need to ask for reimbursement and go to court

1 Like

I swear… it’s bs… I spent 600$ to use a software I can’t even use… & will they give me my money back? Hell no it’s have patience and wait… I been waiting for 3 effing days… This poop ain’t right… I love cubase as a software but I’m really thinking about changing to Logic Pro X just because of steinbergs customer service… They have to do better then this… It’s 2021 and you are still having these kinda problems? It shouldn’t take 3 days to solve it either smh

1 Like

Same here. I spent hours trying to troubleshoot network/firewall because I purchased the BÖSENDORFER 280VC and some VI products, then saw the posts in VSL forum. Steinberg’s last comment they said 7 hours ago was “We estimate that it will take several more hours.” An update every two hours for something like this would prevent a lot of panic, or we are left to assume they either are hiding a bigger problem or they are starting from scratch. I am now at the point where spending $100 USD to guarantee all of my VSL products (upwards of $4000 in the years) will not rely on a plastic USB drive. It wouldn’t help this situation, and I think it is a little steep for insurance (maybe $50/yr), but alas. Hope it clears soon, so you can enjoy your purchase.

2 Likes

Please do something on your server side, this is getting a big problem for me because i cant finish my project and i want the release tomorrow. I spent so much money, cant believe that steinberg still has a dongle and insufficient backup power. there a so much services you can add for this, maybe its because of low money or something? You cant charge people with 600$ and leave it like this.

3 Likes

Time for them to switch this silly dongle e license. We have been complaining about it for years

3 Likes

This sux big time! I bought Cubase 11 artist on February 22nd, I had to wait for the usb elicenser to be delivered so I waited 5 days for that, just got it delivered today by ups and was so excited to try out the new Cubase only to find out I can’t register the dang software so it won’t even boot up, just says something like “failed to download registration and will now close!” I waited 5 days for the stupid dongle and now will have to wait who knows how long to be able to register the dang software! Bullpoo! Not a happy camper! I’ve always loved Cubase but have not used it since Presonus came out with Studio One! But I just bought a Zoom R24 again and it doesn’t play well with Studio One, I was having no luck being able to get Mackie Control to work but knew it worked well with Cubase 6 AI so figured I’d go back to Cubase, which brought me to Cubase 11, which I thought looked awesome so I bought it knowing that Cubase 6 AI was no longer supported by Steinberg! I’m waiting as patiently as I can, but am getting angrier by the hours that are passing by with no end in sight of being able to use this software!

1 Like

Clearly you have little understanding of how IT Admin and support systems work (or should work) in big Enterprises. Most use a tiered priority system for faults depending on how serious the error often ranging from P3 up to to P1 (P1 being the highest priority.) In this situation i.e. total loss of function and access to service for all customers )think of it like the failure of a bank cash machine system… then IT support works around the clock to resolve it and I mean ‘round the clock’. I worked in IT/Telecoms in design, Innovation and implementation but was well aware that a major incident resulted in support guys working through the night,(s) Weekends etc until the fault was fixed. Subsequent investigations would then be carried out to eliminate the cause. Communication with the affected customers was also high priority (even if they could not give a time frame for the fix or give details) but regular updates do, at least, placate reasonable customers. The worry here is Steinberg appear to have failed on both counts. The suspicion is that, since no communication has been forthcoming since Friday, that nothing is being done until Monday. TRhis may well be unfounded and they have been beavering away to fix the problem. Nevertheless the lack of communication, in itself is inexcusable, and , given this has been regular occurrence, on and off for years (albeit never quite as long or serious as this time) is very damaging to Steinberg. The product itself is excellent and going back to Pro 24 /Atari days Steinberg and Cubase has always been my DAW of choice. But the licensing system is as bad as the product is good. There is no excuse or justification for the appalling response from Steinberg on this occasion.

3 Likes

This has absolutely nothing to do if the license resides on a dongle or not.
I got a new PC last week and thanked God for each plugin that was dongled during installation .

I went to install Cubase and tools today on my macbook pro for a new UR22C. Instead I failed, and spent all day fighting the eLicenser software, which keeps intermittently failing to talk to its server. It can do some of the maintenance steps, but fails on others, and fails every single time I try to add a license. I have no other connectivity issues and have fast internet.

There is no indication of the problem and that is unacceptable. I professionally architected and wrote server and distributed software for decades. eLicenser is garbage. It should be able to tell the user what interaction with the server was being attempted when it failed, any applicable address, port, protocol data, and what errors occurred at the very least. Failure to do this simply makes it a nightmare for the user to diagnose and there is no excuse.

Googling only tells me I am far from alone with this issue, but unlike most, I am not on Windows here.

Well here’s a thought. Instead of allowing a user to spend all day fighting your server issues without any indication as to the actual problem, maybe you could build the slightest bit of empathy into the software by giving the user details about the operation that failed, the server it was talking to, the protocol or port it was using, the error codes that occurred, anything beyond your generic server connection failure message that made me keep trying different things all bloody day. What do you think, would you maybe want understanding customers instead of the appropriately outraged customers like myself?!? Huh?

I am also having trouble updating my license! practically my installations are useless :confused:

error 2|690x465

I guess I am gonna just remove it… it’s like a bloatware atm

Server is up and about people :slight_smile:

I bought a Cubase and trying to activate but it says ‘a connection to the license server could not be established.’ Is there someone who knows how to fix this?

I activate my license !!!
everything it’s ok
Thanks for Steinberg