eq inserts channel gone... can't update, uninstall, install.

I posted my initial issue in the issues section but it has yet to be approved. I just got my first composing job. I have a workflow. I have deadlines. The timing of this couldn’t have been worse. So I am merging TWO posts I made in issues here to try and expedite a solution.

Example of initial problem:

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12140046_10153713568749936_4915447437298308084_o.jpg

This new issue affects old projects, new projects; the problem is persistent.

Interestingly enough I noticed that at start up all the stuff on the left was gone, which I was happy about. But I
have a feeling the root issue is causing this aswell:

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12143162_10153713568739936_4782285376363794281_n.jpg?oh=5325c20ce79cd841f5bd65890073b494&oe=568DA872

I found these two posts dealing with similar issues:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=70464
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=70930&p=413010

The first thread had a solution so I searched for the mentioned culprit .vst3 and came up with this:
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/q85/s720x720/12094983_10153713568744936_5106395461384719458_o.jpg

Oddly the one in the main folder is 0kb??? I tried deleting the other one/installer patchcache - it had no effect.

I then deleted the main Cubase Plug-in Set.vst3 - it had no effect. I restored both files.

I tried 3 different Nvidia drivers. None changed or solved my issue. I went back to the one that I prefer for gaming.

I thought that getting the new 8.0.30 update might solve the problem. I had 8.0.20 and it had been working fine for a couple months.

The following errors occurred while attempting to update:
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/s720x720/12132652_10153714629259936_3339057510385559911_o.jpg

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/12088130_10153714629229936_4994060819240124171_n.jpg?oh=4e76dfc5632660ca2062fe54903059a4&oe=56BDCA71

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/12088345_10153714629234936_7346087912462933321_n.jpg?oh=a8cdc7bf7a65b51e6eb6779e39c0dacf&oe=56C9A186

I then attempted to reinstall with your typical windows > control panel > programs > uninstall… I got the same
“The windows installer service could not be accessed, this could occur if windows is in safe mode or if the windows installer is not correctly installed…” message.

I then utilized this tool (found link on these forums):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en
Uninstalling was successful, so I think… Installing off of disc resulted in the same errors as listed above.

I assure you I am not in windows safe mode.

I have made sure to run install as admin. I have cleaned up my registry. I went from a mostly functioning cubase to a non-existent cubase while trying to do the simple fix of uninstall/reinstall. It should be noted that I have tried to install off of disc with and without utilizing updates.

I’ll sit tight here for a few more days - then I’ll reinstall windows. If that doesn’t work I’ll sell cubase and get a different product.

I have windows 8.1, cubase 8 pro
AMD FX8350
16 gigs of ram
various 7200rpm drives
GTX 760

I ended up reinstalling windows. Rage is too small of a word to describe my feelings toward this software.