Error - No license to upgrade found

hi, I upated both SDA and the eLicenser software , then I applied my upgrade code.
eLicenser shows Cubase 11 Pro (Grace Period Eligable) in eLicenser.
If I input my DAC into SDA, I get a red-error “No license to upgrade found , please connect a USB e-licenser to which contains an approriate license to upgrade on your computer”

Am I doing something incorrect ?
Do I have the wrong DAC product ??
Thanks in advance.

I found the upgrade procedure from Cubase Pro 11 confusing, and I am still waiting for the verification pending to end. But 12 and 11 work, thought I get an error about a misplaced drum library.
I tried to redownload all the Cubase content just now, but the server times out.

Part of my job is helping people with downloads/installs/licensing so it’s not that I have no experience with this stuff, Steinberg should have made the procedure clearer.

It certainly sounds like the DAC isn’t quite correct. Did you get the DAC through the grace period process?

I’m sorry to hear that. Making the transition from one licensing system to another was always going to have some rough edges, despite our best efforts to smooth things out! We’ll continue to see how we can improve this process - your feedback is very valuable.

It may be that the congestion on the license server means that finalising the update process take a little longer than expected. If you need it, the process is well described here: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/4412560691986-Steinberg-Licensing-Verification-Pending-

Well. I think I am out of the woods now. The upgrade process is, shall we say, convoluted?

I was curious, so I dove in. It would have been better if I had waited a week for the dust to settle.

It remains weird that legit owners struggle more with copy-protection schemes than with the actual program install.

Hopefully this will be the last time we suffer from the limitations of the eLicenser servers.

Glad to hear you’re up and running!

I managed to somehow upgrade from CB 11 Pro to CB12 tonight. The program opens fine.
But the elicense app gave me the same problem, no upgradeable license found. Someone said, ignore it and just open Cubase 12…I did, and it works. But where does this leave me? Is something not activated that should be? So confused.

If it says “non-upgradeable”, that indicates that the update has completed successfully and the license cannot be used for another upgrade

@Ben_at_Steinberg this still seems to be an issue.
I purchased the Cubase Pro 12 Pro update from 11 today and am still getting the ‘Verification Pending’ in SAM and unable to select a license to upgrade when activating from SDM.
My access expires on 2022-10-30. So i really need help before then.
The version I am trying to upgrade is listed in the USB-eLicenser as ‘Cubase Pro 11 (Grace Period Eligible)’
Ive been reading things all day and cant figure this out.

Hi @Trick-Afternoon, if the license says “Grace Period eligible” you are actually able to update for free from Cubase Pro 11 to Cubase Pro 12. Please open the new Steinberg Activation Manager, click on your account icon in the top right corner to open the menu. There you will find “Grace Period Check…”. Just click on it and follow the instructions.

Hi @Matthias_Quellmann omg! I don’t recall ever seeing this advertised.
Is there anyway to get a refund on the 3 upgrade licenses I just purchased?
All I have seen from Steinberg is promotions to purchase the upgrade.
I did run this earlier today but never saw any email come through due to company email system holding the email as it’s external.

Please get in contact with AskNet. That’s the company that is running our online store. You should find the contact in the purchase confirmation email.

1 Like

Thanks very much.
This really was not clear. I don’t check my eLicenser unless I’ve got a new product to register.

im having the same problem now.
“cubase 12 verification pending”
in the elicener when i try to upgrade it says “No Lisence to upgrade selectable”
when i run grace period check it says “Eror during grace period check”
…i assume that you have found the solution to this problem by now…please help me i spent a half day trying anything watched any youtube video about it, i have a few days left before it expires…please heeeeeeeellllpppppppppp

Please post a screenshot of your eLicenser Control Center with the serial numbers hidden, and which upgrade you purchased according to your receipt/purchase confirmation email.

thank you for the quick action of helping me…
upgrade from
cubase 11 Artist to cubase 12 pro

and when i try to enter the activation code

thank you very much for your help

Please click the Maintenance button to the top right and try to perform the grace period check again.

The upgrade you purchased is invalid because, as your Cubase Artist 11 is grace period eligible, you technically have Cubase Artist 12. You need to claim your grace period upgrade and then purchase the upgrade from Artist 12 to Pro 12.

1 Like

Hi, I’m also at my wits end with this, somehow I managed to get my Cubase 10.5 Elements upgraded to Cubase 12 elements installed and able to work despite failing with the eLicense process. However it’s now asking for a second step verification so I’m back to the drawing board of failing to activate again!!! Got my DAC and inputted into Steinberg Download Assistant which gives me the activation code. When it then populates eLicenser there is a license description below of ‘Cubase Elements 11 (Upgraded to Cubase 12 with Steinberg Licensing)’…now when I hit continue I get the ‘No License to Upgrade Selectable’ dialog box with the only license I have shown as a Soft-license for Cubase Elements 10.5. I’ve tried everything and am now anxious that this software will be cancelled in two weeks time as I can’t verify it…HELP!

I think you might have bought the wrong thing. A paid “upgrade” is from a lesser version of Cubase such as Cubase LE. A paid “update” is from an earlier version Cubase Elements to a more recent version of Cubase Elements.

It sounds like you bought an “upgrade” when you need an “update”. I know, it’s confusing, sorry.

If this is the case, contact the vendor who sold you the upgrade.

Thanks for this, I’ll sort the “update” now and get a refund for the “upgrade”. Hopefully all will be good then.