Expected Release date for 7.03

Just wondering when 7.03 will be available. I noticed the issues surrounding hidden channels on an external control surface have been fixed in the 7.03 release. This is something big for me. So I’m hoping Helge or someone else at SB might give us an ETA on 7.03.

-Rich

Well I hope it’s going to be in the next few weeks as I can not use 7.02 anymore it’s way to unstable for me. My UAD1 card will not run correctly the plugins load in but no sound from them. Load times are just the worst along with mix downs and closing of 7.02 which gives me the Blue Screen Of Death and also loading in of old Nuendo projects just crashes 7 I knew I should have waited 6 months before upgrading what a nightmare.

If I was to take a guess I’d say sometime around the time of the Frankfurt MusikMesse, which I think is in April - so as to make C7 impressive for the show!

i think your right i very much doubt it will be before then ,i mean why would they want to fix a completely bugged out mixer before then ?

Bugged out mixer? Works perfectly well for me…at least for what I am using it for. What bugs?

just look over the forum and you will see , i for one have posted loads of threads with photos of MC graphic issues and issues with monitor buttons ,meters ,routing,sluggishness ,resizing ,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

im safely back using 6.5 as even using the CR is causing to much latency to run properly but not everyone is having these issues , i’ll see what steinberg does in the next release but im back on 6.5

Someone’s got to be the first to ask: :wink:

Steinberg, when is the next update scheduled and what fixes + improvements will it include?

+1

+1

yes when?

OMG, 7.0.2 is just out…

This sounds ridiculous tbh…

Beat you to the punch a little while ago :slight_smile:

-Rich

Does it? If 7.02 had covered some more really important workflow improvements, I’d be more patient, don’t you think so?!?
:mrgreen:

What is this thing evebody seems so freakin preoccupied with: “Workflow”?
I don’t get it…you work…and flow?..or in a flow…or wtf is it?
I work,. and try to get it done, no “flow” here.
Always an unknown road with unexpected bumps and turns, never predictable and never the same.
Many roads to Rome?

workflow…sounds like a utopian designed dream…boring poop.

:question: What are you trying to say, arvfur?

My understanding of ‘workflow’ is that the DAW doesn’t get in your way while you’re creating music.
No question, you have to learn your tools to reach that point. I’m willing to do so and did in the past.

Previous Cubase versions were very advanced imho (key commands, small features like this one: Steinberg Forums, readability of fonts, one click operations with dedicated buttons, pre/post status visibility, reaction to mousewheel etc.) while Cubase 7 feels half baken even in version 7.02, takes more time/clicks/doubleclicks to work and doesn’t offer enough keycos and options to tailor the personal experience to something close to the usability of 6.5.

I’m fine with a .0 version not running as smooth as an older one. I’m not fine with lost features and changes that look good in advertising but are real-life-restrictions when you work with Cubase up to 12 h a day.

+1

C7 is really disappointing :frowning: I feel sorry that I did the upgrade

I really hope 7.03 will be out very soon and it will bring some major improvements (for now I am back on C6 :frowning: )

I wonder if new buyers or up-graders are effected by all the negative comments in these forums on the new product. If I were a product developer I would be concerned about how this would negatively effect my sales/reputation moving forward and try to communicate issues more effectively with my end users. Reminds of issues Microsoft had w/Vista release.

I started w/Korg sequencer then Atari then Cakewalk but I have been w/Cubase since version 4. Been working w/other DAW lately that seem to fit “flow” and also have full screen HD Video support for scoring etc so I don’t need to use multiple programs to merge audio-video etc. It’s an odd thing that once you jump ship it’s hard to get back on board with a product, wish they would communicate more effectively and show concern for these needs. Also wish that video/movie production would be better supported. I’m unable to use the video in 7.02 so I switched back to 6.5 for that.When I get done with audio I send to partner who uses DP7 and he finishes edits for export, again the work flow issue lol

Cubase is so great on many levels and awful on a few, wish it were great on all

+1

One more thing that bothers me: Why do we everytime have to wait for months instead of weeks for some minor updates / bugfixes ?? I understand that it takes some time to fix issues and test a release before putting it available for users, but would’nt it be better to fix “less” (only the most important ones first) and release those updates more frequently??!!

That would be nice! To be fair, Steinberg has way shorter intervalls between updates now than they used to.

Previous Cubase versions were very advanced imho (key commands, small features like this one: Steinberg Forums, readability of fonts, one click operations with dedicated buttons, pre/post status visibility, reaction to mousewheel etc.) while Cubase 7 feels half baken even in version 7.02, takes more time/clicks/doubleclicks to work and doesn’t offer enough keycos and options to tailor the personal experience to something close to the usability of 6.5.

+1

7 is a one big disappointment. 6.5 feels like the upgrade to 7 to me.

+1

I missing metes in mixer … https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=35353

I cant work anymore with 7.02 … SB must do something quickly … for now, i think i must back to 6.5 too :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: