Export Settings saved with Project File

Hi…

It would be nice to have the export settings saved within the project file.
I have multiple projects where I have to Export as 48/24 AIFF for TV… Some other projects I have to export as WAV 44.1/16. And EVERY TIME when I bounce from one project to the other I have to change the settings at the export window.

A few days ago, I had to export an audio as mono and all my other sessions that I exported this same day, I forgot to uncheck the mono button and I had to export everything again.

To me it makes more sense to have the Export settings saved within the project file rather than a Global preference.

1 Like

since this depends on the desired workflow it’s not that simple…
just change the general behaviour of this would upset the people who need to keep it separated from the project file
so a solution for both parties would be welcome…

Absolutely agree, but to me this is no feature-request, it is an issue instead.

Well we do have Export Settings Presets now so it is pretty easy to recall any go-to settings. But it does seem like something that should be retained with the Project rather than the Program.

1 Like

Definitely. But certain things do not get recalled, as i.e. the export range (cycle marker or locators), real time export, etc.

Also I think a lot of us have different types of projects.
I have projects, on which I work with my clients, and they usually need 44.1 kHz 24 bit. Some of them are always mono downmixes, the rest are all interleaved.
My own scratch projects are always MP3 exports,… and so on.

Once set, I usually don’t touch these settings per project and it would be nice if the settings could stay how they are, no matter what I am doing in another project.