Expression Maps for Sample Modeling

Hello community, just wanted to contribute to the expression maps, but I don’t how to add them to that Thread. So I’ll just post them here and the devs can sort it out. It includes all SM instruments and they have been tested quite a bit.
SM Expression Maps.zip (13.7 KB)

That’s how it’s usually done. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, @Bollen. I’ve added a link to the sticky thread.

1 Like

Thanks for posting! I noticed you didn’t have the keyswitches for Falls or Doits assigned in your Trumpet map. Have you been able to get those to work? I haven’t been able to figure out how to get those to play back correctly in Dorico, so would definitely be interested to know if you can get those working.

There’s a few things I don’t add to the maps because they work better manually. The falls are an excellent example, if all instruments play the same KS (via the Expression Map) they will phase and sound identical. SM relies on subtle differences in velocity of the KS to produce slightly different effects. Furthermore, there are many different ways to do for example Falls: Split-portamento fall, fast fall, half-valve fall, etc.

It’s just better practice to add them manually. I also didn’t include con sordino in the strings, because SM has two options which are up to the user to choose. Also, you don’t want the same sordino on Vlns I & II.

PS: sorry for the tardy reply, I am not getting notified of replies via email.

1 Like