Fast forward/rewind wont stop in cubase 12

hello
if you use the key commands in midi editor and then map them to your transport buttons on your
MIDI keyboard instead of using the transport buttons in the transport category , Then the FF and RW will work as expected .A good work around before the update . I had the same problem and that fixed it
cheers

Hello Steinberg,
When do you expect to release a fix for this? This is kind of critical bug, it would be nice to have a fix for this soon. Let us know.

2 Likes

I updated to 12.10 but the problem is still there. Can’t use FF or Rewind in the manner from Cubase 11. Anybody else? Don’t know if this is a problem that comes from some miscommunication between Cubase 12 and Windows 10. A possibility I suppose. Else I was expecting this to be fixed in 12.10 update

4 Likes

I can’t believe it’s not been resolved on the update, when I release the ff or rewind using the mouse it should stop and either play (as I have always had it set) or stop. it continues to rewind or ff, you have to navigate to the stop button or Press spacebar, it’s making work highly frustrating, so much so I have had to return to cub11, that’s not great as many projects are saved as 12 and I would like to continue working and learning more in 12.
Steinberg Please sort this out as you said you would! It’s not a little thing, its time wasting.

4 Likes

Many people including I (for various reasons) that we shouldn’t have to go Into for relying on using the mouse for this and many essential options.
People who it wouldn’t effect are those who use the keyboard mostly, not everyone uses the keyboard in that way, as mentioned above, it’s a major pain and should be fixed & fast!

2 Likes

This is a little disappointing.
This transport thing should have been at the top of fix priorities.

When i opened Cubase after the update, i was excited.
When i hit rewind and fast forward, not so much.

7 Likes

Well, it has not been solved in Maintenance update 12.0.10.
As others stated too, the issue is with the mouse. On the cc121 it works as it should (like in Cubase 11 and other previous versions). This is very irritating. Please a quick fix!

The 12.0.20 update is coming soon.

2 Likes

thanks i hope it finally fixs this transport issue :slight_smile:

It’s only with the mouse and if you use the transport controls.
Keyboard shortcuts (NUM + and NUM -) and hardware controllers are not affected.

Ok. Good to read.

Impossible to use Cubase 12 in these conditions especially for who uses mouse.It’s incredible that after a long time nobody in the cubase team has fixed this.

Its even more incredible that it actually just broke a couple weeks ago after the update and they’re already working on it and never release updates every single time someone finds a little hiccup…

I don’t know about anyone else, but the transport bug was in the first version of CUBASE 12 on my PC.

Yes, we know that already… the bugfix didn’t make it in the actual release.

Release, update, whatever.
You may know it, but maybe others do not.

just a little scrolling…

I should clarify,
When i said others may not know, i was referring to the bug being in the initial release of CUBASE 12.

Transport controls have been broken since Cubase 8.5. It very easy to notice when you play with shuttle speed commands.

Works now in C 12 0 20. Many thanks!!

6 Likes

Yep! & Not before time, I surprised about the amount of other issues 12.10 had, at last now after having cub 12 since 1st released I can finally use it as intended and catch up on its overall improvements. Shouldn’t really feel excited about having it working as it always did, but it does. Lol.

1 Like