FEATURE REQUEST: "Feature Requests & Suggestions" subsection for Dorico Forum?

Yep I’m pretty desperate for capo chords.

Hi! I’m loving Dorico having switched last summer but still always looking things up and getting better. Right now, I’m using it for film scoring. Anyhow, as a feature request I was thinking how cool would it be to have a “versions” possible. So in the same file I can write a part, say for the clarinet, and then try something different by going under the clarinet part and creating a different version. Then it would be easy to toggle between versions of a part to see which one is best. Have an A B C, underneath each part if they have different versions that have been created.

1 Like

If you have added it as a solo player, you can add staves below.

Daniel! you could just add a tag named ‘Feature Requests’ in optional tags:

:blush:

There’s already one.

1 Like

Hello,

It would be interesting to have the possibility to remap the configuration of midi notes in the percussion map to assign them to any note without having to enter a third party software like Halion or Agent.
A bit like in finale.
The other idea would be to be able to assign drum sounds and notes to the computer keyboard to go faster.
To see if it is feasible obviously.
Thanks for listening

My little request: a more comprehensive playback feature.
-Loop.
-Punch-in.
-Exact Markers for looping sections…etc
Yes, Cubase inspired, but even a few of these features available in Dorico would be fantastic. Imagine a little floating window on the Write page, where you can play, replay, alter the speed precisely, metronome, etc…
I´m ready to upgrade to pro if anything in that direction would be available.
GRACIAS

Thanks the Dorico developers for adding the Pitch Before Duration input function. I still couldn’t achieve the Speediness, however, as the up/down arrow keys do not define the pitch. I have to bring the caret back from the other staves after habitually hit the up/down arrow keys. As if they can go horizontally, naturally, they should be able to go vertically too(within the same staff). By no means I’m the common case, but I can input very fast using arrow/number keys only(on other apps, of course). Most importantly, it allows me to think the relative pitch(solfege). Hope can enjoy this efficient yet musical input in the future release. Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum, @Su_Yang. If I remember correctly, you can re-assign the shortcuts for repitching notes up and down in the Key Commands editor in Preferences if you want to!