Feature Request Poll - Cubasis 3

For me too…

Though I’d say there’s 6 months to get v3 back to v2… so maybe in v4… :cry:

Now that AUM has it so we know it is possible and many AUv3 plugins are adding support…

• AUv3 multi-output and sidechain functionality

Also a vote for being able to move the editing buttons in the piano roll editor to the right side of the screen, or have a latching mode.
I’m left handed and currently have to cross my hands over or use a very inaccurate right hand to edit in the piano roll window.

Yes :smiley: :sunglasses: !

Multi output will be very nice.
Very flexible with AUv3 like Ruismaker.

Auria has it now in their latest update. Cubasis needs to keep up.

I feel like there’s many request like sidechain and External Midi Control that would be useful but it I had to choose one feature it would be a vocal tuner plugin/audio to midi so you can pitch vocals manually in piano roll!

At it’s current state Cubasis is great for composing music and editing the midi and mixing them with the effects but one thing that’ll stop producers from Competing professional tracks is better vocal editing.

2nd on my list would be Aux mixer tracks to shape reverbs better and sidechaing to duck that reverb when needed.
A simple fix would be to add AUX’s as an input on an audio track. Then just leave the actual aux input empty and apply the send FX in the Mixer track then use the actual send wet/dry to set levels.

MIDI CONTROL (midi learn) of cubasis features (using c/c)
Willing to bet that most ALL Cubasis users want this capability
BUT Lars and his team don’t give users what THEY want and instead come up with
FLIMSY excuses (“cubasis to be mainly touch screen, mobile”) :cry:

Lars: PAY ATTENTION HERE
It’s been years years and NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION from Steinberg
Hopefully other programmers of other IPADOS DAWs will read the comments here in this forum
and give the customers ‘what CUSTOMERS want’.

Hopefully you’ll (DUH) get the message before the problem is solved elsewhere
Thanks

I dream about a Session view, as in Ableton Live - or Live Loops view in Garageband) ! In other words, to be able to work on many small parts of a song independently, and then being able to assemble them on the fly.

In addition of the existing excellent feature set, this would make Cubasis a defacto standard for producing music on iOS, and to perform live sets !!!

minisampler with a true mini halion
sampler including loop, env,lfo, cutoff filters,
sample layers, key mapping with multiple velocity
sample, megatrigger, arp, 3 osc with many waveforms.

I would like to see: A dedicated drum editor, shortcuts on the keyboard (maybe through some advanced setting), copy/paste to more than 1 copy ( if I make a 1 bar drum beat then make 100 pastes with only 1 command ), tempo and measure change during the track, location markers, playlist recording (f.ex recording a guitar solo on multiple takes and be able to hear each of them afterwards), option for 6/8, and a way to see the title of the track somewhere in the session.
My wishes…for now :grin:

Time signatures with denominators not equal to 4.
For example, support 6/8 time with a meaningful metronome beat every 3 eighth notes.
Be able to import a MIDI file written in 6/8 meaningfully so it doesn’t show up in 6/4.
Export the metronome to a MIDI track in the mix (aids in exchanging mixes online)

Hey there…still not on your list?!!
Multiple take recordings, no lanes/playlists on audio loop recording!? There were many postings in regards to this issue for Cubasis 2 and 2.5 already and you simply seemed to have ignored it. Don’t you know that this is an essential feature for decent audio recording nowadays? Cubasis could be the one and only mobile recording app everybody has to have. As long as there still will be implemented tons of fancy features instead of basic professional functions it will stay just a beautifully designed toy though. Come on, guys!

MIDI external sync is crucial for me, along with audio input from other tracks or other apps. (Beatmaker 3 has Cubasis beat when it comes to this.)
It’s so important to be able to route tracks to each other to allow full adaptability and functionality in terms of recording and ping ponging.

Auto-tuning effect and a Harmonic Exciter and a DeEsser for vocals. I’m very happy the new Mastering effects thing, great work!!!

Almost all of these suggestions are on my wish list, esp. including the tempo track.

But in day-to-day use right now, the lack of zooming button options REALLY slows down the editing process with seemingly a half-dozen required gestures to get where you want to be. It’s frustratingly basic right now.

Additionally, better use needs to be made of the main track waveform area. Much of the time, I don’t really care what’s going on there in a global sense as I’m using plug-ins or the unnecessarily cramped track options on the left. Using floating windows or another block of options on the right I think would open up the interface.

It would be great to see more channel functions for the selected track immediately available somewhere on the screen. Selecting and scrolling down to the channel options is clumsy, slow and it’s usually faster just to bring up the mixer, but then your plug-in goes bye bye.

With ios products moving to Apple Silcon, it’s really time to stop thinking about Cubasis 3 as a mobile option foremost and adopt the thinking that Cubasis 3 is a touch-based DAW. If you have to, fork the development and create a Cusbasis 3 Pro. I would gladly shell out another $50 for all the features on this poll and drop the idea that Cubasis is a “mobile” (i.e. limited) solution.

As it is, I’m getting frustratingly little done with Cubasis 3 after migrating away from a Mac-based DAW. Much has to do with there is still a lot of work that needs to go into Cubasis 3 from a useability standpoint.

The automation editing also is a nightmare right now with endless lists of tracks and options (and my tracks are fairly simple right now). There’s got to be a way to make it faster and more intuitive.

Also, there’s got to be a way to organize favorite plug-ins. Why can’t I organize my plug-ins the way I want to? Having to press the insert button, then into a folder and then lots of scrolling to find my plug-in is not elegant or efficient.

One more thing … it would be great if the transport controls and whatnot at the top could be transplanted to the bottom. Using Cubasis 3 is a constant reaching and tapping exercise. The bottom of the screen is the closest and easiest area to access — not the top. The choice of keeping the main controls up top seems kind of like a mindless ape of desktop DAWs.

The chance of me going to a desktop version of Cubase is fairly slim. If Steinberg isn’t serious about making a full-fledged touch based DAW, somebody else will. Hell, I might even call my foray in iPad Pro music production a failure and pick up desktop production again.

Personally, I think getting Cubasis 3 on iPhone was probably a necessary move to some degree, but it’s had zero use for me, and I feel like it’s holding back it’s primary use on iPads (which are getting bigger screens and more processing power).

If it seems like I’m a little frustrated over Cussbasis 3, you’d be right. (Not to mention it still crashes quite a bit, and like I said, not even doing half-way serious tracks yet).

So I hope there’s a lot of improvements in 2020 because sometimes I feel Cubasis 3 will never be cut-out for semi-serious production work even for bedroom producers.

This would be great. And given that the post is now two years old… time for a bump!

It would be very nice to have the CC121 work with Cubasis.

Chewy

Hi @Chewy_Papadopoulos,

Unfortunately, the CC121 can’t be used as an iOS controller device.
Otherwise you would see a Cubasis template for it of course…

Sorry!

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

That’s good, if a little disappointing, to know.

In the spirit of intellectual curiosity, is there an easy explanation why it can’t?

Chewy

Multiple audio and midi instrument takes, ‘stacked’ recording mode. This is fundamental. A comping mechanism. Cubasis is great, but recording as a traditional musician and singer, its really clunky duplicating and muting tracks.