Bug with key Commands still not fixed in Cubase 11.0.20
There is a whole lot of funky business going on with Key commands and how they work in Cubase. And to be honest this needs to be addressed by Steinberg.
I will focus on the Mixer Window related Key commands in my example as here I am able to show that two Key commands from the same category, essentially doing the same thing, behave differently in relation to focused windows.
Key Command: “Bypass: Insert on Main Mix”
When using this Key Command, I can Bypass the insert on the Master Output, from the project window, without focusing the Mixer Window. This is the way I would expect any Key Command to work!
Key Command: “Bypass: Insert”
When using this Key Command, I am not able to bypass the Insert’s unless the Mixer Window is in Focus. This is not how a key command should work in my opinion!
Where is the need for me to have a key command only work if a certain window is open/focused? It is not like I can use the same short key to trigger different key commands depending on what window is focused. At least I am not aware of this functionality and therefor I see no logic in key commands only working if a certain window is focused.
Steps to reproduce.
- Create a new project.
- Add 4 Audio Tracks (or any number of tracks you feel like)
- Assign a unique short key to each Key Command mentioned above. Both key Commands can be found in the Mixer Folder
I used the following short keys for the Key Commands:
- ALT+T = Key Command: “Bypass: Insert on Main Mix”
- ALT+Q = Key Command: “Bypass: Insert”
- Make Sure the Mixer Window is closed when you use the Key Commands.
- Use Key Command (a) then open the mixer and you will see that it bypassed the Inserts on the Main Mix. Now use short key (a) again. This will toggle the Insert to its initial state. Now close the Mixer.
- Repeat above Step with key command (b). When reopening the mixer, you will see that none of the inserts have been bypassed.
When the Mixer Window is in Focus both key Commands work as intended. They toggle the Bypass inserts on and off.
This is a Bug report so please do not offer any Macro programming solutions to work around this issue. I am aware of such solutions but want Steinberg to finally fix this on their End.