Fixing fingering positions

Hi! I would like the fingerings to be shown right above/below the stems of their respective voices. What are the correct configurations that would allow this? The top voice is written on the treble staff and the lower voice on the bass staff. Thanks in advance!

Bumping this thread because I really need to find a solution. Normally, the fingerings for each voice should appear just above the beam/stem for the right hand and below it for the left hand. Here, this happens approximately 50% of the time which I find odd since this is not the correct way to write fingerings especially the place where both hands are written in the lower staff where Dorico mistakenly thinks that the notes are played by one hand only.

Is this what you want?
Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 8.36.03 AM

I don’t think there is a setting you can apply in advance. But, if you input the fingerings for both hands, then Filter for the lower voice, you can then set the Staff-Relative position to Above or Below. It’s a few extra steps, but really quite quick.

1 Like

Hi! Did as you said and it does sort out the fingerings between left and right hand, but the position of the fingerings is still not ideal. Here is a new snapshot. I want the numbers to appear not above or below the noteheads, but the stems/beams.

Take for example the first F note on the right hand - why is the fingering written just above the notehead and is not aligned with the other fingerings that follow…?

Cheers

I’m not sure if a stem-oriented setting can be invoked. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I have may chime in.

See R.H. guitar fingerings alignment - #2 by dspreadbury

1 Like