got my order in for 7.5

Nooo, the boys at Steiny know we do love 'em :slight_smile: !

Mauri.

the masochist: “Kick me in the head!”
the sadist: "no … "

arrived on 9th as predicted, in a very slim little cardboard envelope. damn, I wanted to kill some trees! but anyway, I have to be sensible and not install on my studio pc because I have a lot of work on the go. so when I get a chance i’ll take my dongle home and install on the laptop… ed :slight_smile:

there he is! cool, but it took a while!
great program so far! :sunglasses:

I think that even though it might seem boring, track visibility in the arrange page will be the biggest feature for me. I have some projects for clients that run to 200 or more tracks (multiple multitrack band recordings) and i’m hoping this will help with navigation. I currently have a song where the “producer” has made the female singer do around 100 takes/bit of takes of the lead vocal for a song, and won’t let me delete the stuff he has already rejected. i’m currently using folders to try and avoid chaos! ed

I too have a boatload of IK Multimedia stuff, but I haven’t loaded them on yet. My understanding is that IK stuff is 32-bit only. I’ve got jbridge installed as well, but I seem to remember trying to install SampleTank 2XL and it wouldn’t work. Are you having better luck than I did? If so, I’d love to know how you got it to work.

I’ve never been able to get sampletank to work with the Cubase bridge. always used jbridge. but; last few weeks I’ve had a lot of hassle with sampletank needing reauthorized and I’m pretty sure jbridge is the problem. today I removed the jbridge dll and put the sampletank 32 bit dll into program files/Steinberg/Cubase 7/vst plugins folder. it worked finally! maybe it is fussy about which vst folder it goes into. before, I had it in a custom location. ed

merry xmas to me! installed 7.5 on my home laptop. so far so good… ed