Has anyone used X-touch mini Mackie Control with Cubase?

Hello,

I just got a Behringer X-touch mini which has a Mackie Control option. I have EQ control to work in Cubase 10.5 but I can’t get it to work with plug-ins, instruments or tracks.

If anyone has been able to get Mackie control to work with an X-touch mini perhaps they could advise where they learned how. I’m obviously missing a set up step, though I’ve worked through the Cubase Mackie control manual and the X-touch mini (minimal) one.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Dazzer

did you resolved your problem . I can get my plugins work , my problem is how to move from channel 1 to 9

Same problem here. I only achieve change the plugin type, and turn it on/off. But no control over the plugin parameters.

You need to consult the MCU manual:-

To go into plugin mode you need to send Note 80 (G#5) - which is ‘Save’ on the original MCU mappings. And then the bank buttons swap pages. You use the remote editor to change parameter names and orders.

I’m not sure what standard commands are sent on that Behringer by default and what can be changed.

This gives you an idea of the standard MCU layout, and how Cubase implements it - and which buttons (MIDI Notes) do what:-

As the X-Touch mini doesn’t have a screen, I really recommend using an MCU emulator screen so you can navigate the MCU protocol better:-
MCU Emulator – Sender Spike (windows)

You can create a virtual MIDI port (loopMIDI application) that comes out of Cubase and into that emulator, and then from the emulator back to your X-Touch. So:-

Midi In path:
[X-Touch MIDI OUT] → [Cubase]

Midi Out path:
[Cubase] → [MCU Emulator (Screen overlay)] → [X-Touch (LED Feedback)]

I don’t own an x-touch so don’t know how easy this would be to do. Would be interested to know though, as they’re a cheap controller and if you can put together reasonable MCU compatibility with one it’s a nice option.

Thank you skijumptoes! I’ll read all this information, and i hope with these explanation achieve take control over plugins parameters. I’ll share if it works with the “x-touch mini” it would be marvelous, because is very small and takes minium space in my studio, and not need faders at this moment. Thanks!!

yes sold mine because I couldn’t move from channel 1 to 9