I have been having Elicenser problems in the last few days. Symptoms vary. Sometimes Cubase won’t start and shows the DCOM error, then next time it will start, but then crashes whilst loading a project, with the same error. Also whilst loading a plugin (usually seems to be Halion SE) Cubase sometimes quits suddenly.
Until the last few days, everything has been rock steady. I am on latest Windows version and updates.
I read that somewhere that someone found they can work OK with Elicenser program running, so I thought I’d try that, but I got the same error before I even started Cubase!
That made me realise that the error is probably in the recent ELicenser app update not Cubase. The version is: v184.108.40.2067 which I installed on 1st of May 2020. this fits the timeline of my recent issues.
I rolled back to 220.127.116.116 and so far I haven’t had been able to invoke any further failures.
One more worrying thing is that during the last few days, I have also been noticing that Cubase feels sluggish and In frustration I trashed preferences and then also swept my system for viruses, cleaned registry, prefetch data and all of the usual tricks, none of which made any difference. However as soon as I reverted to the older Elicenser program (18.104.22.1686), Cubase feels bright and responsive. Even the Elicenser program flashes up almost instantly when started.
So, I don’t think it’s Cubase or Windows, or Dorico, I think it is almost certainly the eLicenser app itself.
FYI I don’t even own Dorico, but I think this all relates directly to the app, so anything that Cubase has to refer to the Elicenser for is affected (in my case that’s usually only Halion)
I’ll respond here if I have any further problems, but fingers crossed all ok.