Help to setup Generic Remote

I have Makie and HUI on my m-audio keystation88 2, but I can’t use them and I want to use Novation LaunchControl XL MK2 to navigate in the DAW of Steinberg Cubase Pro 11 and for stop play record.
Please help me to set up Generic Remote Device in Cubase for a MIDI track (General Midi) and a Plugin track (Spector from Cubase)
ThankYou !
I use Google translate

Hi,

The upper part of the Generic Remote defines the controlling MIDI Message. The bottom part defines the function, you want to control. In your case, you want to control Connands > Transport > Play or Stop or Record.

Sorry, nope !
i want this: Please help me to set up Generic Remote Device in Cubase for a MIDI track (General Midi) and a Plugin track (Spector from Cubase)
I want to change Programs of Hardware Synthetisator ( korg pa300 ) or of General Midi or of a plugin (Spector from Cubase)
It’s about working with addresses and working with the values from those addresses. It’s about Bank Select and it’s about Program Select.
I want it to be like CakeWalk Pro Audio. This very old software is good, but unfortunately it does not work with VSTI. Steinberg Cubase Pro also works with VSTI but does not have documentation accessible to all users. Steinberg Cubase Pro’s documentation seems to be university-level. Steinberg Cubase Pro documentation is not good for the uninitiated. A serious documentation has explanations about what is used in that documentation. Steinberg Cubase Pro documentation is made for those who made the Steinberg Cubase Pro Software product and not for potential users of this product.

Hi,

This is not, what has been Generic Remote made for.

This is what has been Generic Remote made for.

I wrote about navigation. You said it wasn’t with Midi Transformer but with Generic Remote.
And now you’re writing that no, that it’s not with Generic Remote.

As @Martin.Jirsak just posted, Generic Remote definitions work perfectly for any transport tasks. FWIW, here is how I set the transport buttons on my Akai MPD32 controller in it :

Works perfectly this way…

Hi,

Program Change is not navigation. Please, be very specific, what do you want to achieve.

No, Bank Select and Program Select are exactly for navigating the program menu of General Midi, or of a hardware synthesizer or of a plugin synthesizer.
I asked you what Makie and Hui are for, and you said they were DAW controllers. Well, from DAW you can navigate the program menu of General Midi, or of a hardware synthesizer or of a plugin synthesizer.

Hi,

We don’t call Program Change as navigation in the DAW terminology, sorry.

If you want to change any MIDI Message to other MIDI Message, use Input Transformer or Logical Editor, please.

If you want to change MIDI Message to any software command, use Generic Remote Device, please.

I am mainly interested in changing programs from General Midi, from a hardware synthesizer, or from a plugin synthesizer. I want to switch from one program to another using a midi controller.

Hi,

Then use the Input Transformer (real time, the processed/adapted data will be recorded to the track) out Logical Editor (post-processing).

Dude, if you don’t know, don’t comment. Simple, right?

Dude, if you don’t really know what you want (Transport control ? Program changes ?), don’t post. Simple, right ?

The topic is:
I have Makie and HUI on my m-audio keystation88 2, but I can’t use them and I want to use Novation LaunchControl XL MK2 to navigate in the DAW of Steinberg Cubase Pro 11 and for stop play record.
Please help me to set up Generic Remote Device in Cubase for a MIDI track (General Midi) and a Plugin track (Spector from Cubase)
ThankYou!
I use Google translate

And you tied yourself to the stop play record. These are secondary and unimportant.

OK. Please tell me how to do it. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Use the Generic Remote Device, please, as posted above.

You cannot use Generic Remote Device for this. Use Input Transform or Logical Editor, please, as posted above.

how ?

Hi,

You have to be more specific, please.

The Generic Remote Device solution was kindly posted (with a screenshot) by @cubic13 above. We just don’t know the MIDI Message, you want to end to Cubase.

For the Input Transformer, we don’t know the input MIDI Message, neither the output MIDI Message from you. So we cannot be more specific. And we were talking about the Input Transformer in other thread.

OK. See this, please:

We have General Midi, we have hardware synthesizers and we have plugin synthesizers.

• We have tracks for them.

• We have Banks with General MIDI Programs. We have Banks with Programs from hardware synthesizers. We have Banks with Programs from plugin synthesizers.

And we want to choose a certain track and we want to set a certain program of General Midi that is on that track, or we want to choose a certain track and we want to set a certain program of the hardware synthesizer that is on that track, or we want to choose a certain track and we want to set a certain program of the plugin synthesizer that is on that track.

1. Tracks,
  2. Banks,
  3. Programs.

From the midi controller, we choose the track, we choose the bank and then we choose the program. And we set. Then we release the controller, to be usable to be able to choose another track, another bank, another program, another setting and another release. And so on.

Yes. Probably using a touch screen monitor, all of the above can be done without using a midi controller.
:slight_smile:

Thankyou

Hi,

If this is your use case then you need much more complicated setup. You can’t do this from one simple MIDI Device. You will need to combine at least 2 MIDI Ports. One for the DAW Remote commands, like select track, another one to send the MIDI Messages Program Change + Bank Select MSB/LSB.

If I would need something like this, I would program my own software to control this. Myself, I would program it in Cycling '74 MAX application.