How can i get a Distortion Better than QuadraFuzz V1 ?

Plugin manager will run always! The bridge only when in use. As Fabio said. You are on your own. Test if it works for you and remember the next update might break it.

If I could be fairly sure that this “loophole” will stay open, then I’d jump to 9 in a second. I don’t have any stability problems using old 32bit plugs, but I do have problems with having the choice taken away from me.

JBridge is useful to me, but not a complete answer, I found some 32 bit plugs work fine with the Steinberg bridge, but are awkward or non-functional in Jbridge. I often have to tweak the Jbridge gui in the notepad option to 1 to get graphics up. I have two systems in different countries and they each behave differently with JBridge, making project moves difficult. I just wish Steinie had left 32bit plugs issue alone or at least as an option. Fingers crossed they’ll not meddle further, then they’ll get my money for 9. As you say…wait and see.

Just remember not to report bugs or complain about stability on the forums when you add old DLLs into the mix. The better alternative is jBridge.

Hello,
One solutions that I can confirmed that is working with jbridge,
is to use QuadraFuzz (Red Version).
Is the only version of QuadraFuzz V1 that is not locked with Steinberg applications, and jbridge can convert it. :sunglasses:

I dont´see any problem here…
with Quadrafuzz II you can get exakt the same distortion (!) like Q I.
please try.

Except it doesn’t.
It’s a useful unit but it cannot deliver all the same effects. For a start the EQ bands are more flexible in QF1.

Is providing VSTbridge as a free, but unsupported plugin, like the re-released some time ago old Steinberg plug-ins, something Steinberg would consider?

dramas that are no dramas. the EQ bands are not make up the main sound.
95 per cent the sound is the same. in particular the distortions. try listening.

Listen is what I did…

I wasn’t a big user of either QF1 or QF2 beforehand but thought surely it must be possible to replicate the former with the latter. But, sadly, to my ears, it just doesn’t sound the same so I understand the plight of those who want the old version back.

If we’re actually answering the OP’s question I’d definitely say use QF v2 as I think it’s a much more useful tool than the original version.

The quote below seems to work on mac also. Rightclick on cubase 8.5 program - show content - components. Copy vstconnectse.bundle and paste it to the same place in Cubase 9. I just tried it, and the Hammond B3 plugin VB3 (32 bit) seems to work so far.
/Bjarne

CUBASE 9 DOESN’T SUPPORT 32bit VST’s anymore???
HAHA!!! YES IT DOES!!! :smiley: - just like 8.5, with a little trick!

As a big Cubase-fan I was very disappointed that they removed it’s compatibility for 32bit-Vst’s. After researching I got the following solution:

In the Cubase-program-folder you find the folder “components”.
The TRICK is just to copy (and replace) the following 2 files from Cubase 8.5-components-folder to the one in Cubase 9:

“VstBridgeApp.exe”
“VstPlugManager.dll”

(please don’t forget to backup the C9 components folder first)

After that let Cubase 9 rescan your PlugIns - maybe it helps to delete the blacklist-files in the Roaming-folder first.

With this little trick I’m using my Cubase 9 just the way I used 8 all the time, all the 32bit-PlugIns are now present in Cubase 9!
I don’t know how it works with mac, I guess there should be a similar way to get it working there :slight_smile:

I thought Craig Anderton came up with the physical version of Quadrafuzz in his book, and he outlined how to build it. Not sure if he had anything to do with the plugin coding.

…I think the “By Craig Anderton” signature on the Mk1 Plugin may suggest he was involved! :wink:

Notably not on the new version.

Well he designed it so he was involved in that sense:

+1

+1 for Saturn. As someone mentioned-Trash doesnt let you bounce down automation., but you can do it in real time and it will bounce.

This hasn’t yet worked for me, anyone else got this working?

Generic Distortion:

• Izotope Trash 2
  • Decapitator
  • Fabfilter Saturn
  • WOW2 Filter

For Guitars:

• Guitar Rig 5
  • Scuffham S-gear
  • TSE 808

Specific to the OP, you may want to look at Stillwell Audio’s Oligarc. You may find you like it even better than QuadraFuzz.

Other interesting general-purpose distortion FX:
Glitchmachines Subvert
HY MBDrive
Klanghelm IVGI
Native Instruments Driver
Unfiltered Audio Dent

Regarding continued 32-bit plugin capability for Cubase 9, is there a similar solution for a MacBook Pro? I wasn’t able to find the files VstBridgeApp or VstPlugManager on my MacBook.

Thanks

Mark

FXpansion Maul is killer too. Not sure why I never see this one mentioned. I use Etch and Maul quite a bit. Although I found QuadraFuzz1 to be unusable noise, QFII is excellent.