How can I move the lofi piano license from usb e-licenser to my computer (soft licenser)

hi. i’m just update to cubase 12 and remove the dongle.
but lofi piano doesn’t work without dongle because the license in the usb e-licenser.
so i try to move / remove the license and find some info about this issue. but can’t do it.
please help me.

2 Likes

The same for me, I updated to Cubase 12 and have the same issue and not only with LoFi Piano,
I want to get rid of the USB-License

2 Likes

if i wait in here, the steinberg supporter will answer to us? lol

I have the same problem, every time I start Cubase an alert appear to me and I need to press OK.
Me too need to know the solution. Anyway you can add a “issue” tag to your post.

1 Like

It is not possible to “move” a license from the USB-eLicenser to the Soft-eLicenser. You will need to wait for Steinberg (if, and when) to provide licensing through the new system. Until then, the dongle is required for all “legacy” products.

3 Likes

thanks for the answer!

You’re welcome (even though it is probably not the answer you were hoping for).

1 Like

halion 6 and extentions no donggle please

1 Like

Same here. I thought that this was done already but no. I still need to use the #&*$)@ dongle for HALion, HALion Sonic, GA5 and all the additional purchased libraries. Crap … but I think Steinberg will change that soon :slight_smile: . I really hate to remember everyday to bring the dongle back and forth between my work and home.

Ha anyone find the solution to this issue? or LoFi piano still there on the USB dongle?

No solution as yet, unless you get another Lo-Fi piano licence and put it in a soft eLicenser. You cannot move eLicenser licences from a USB eLicenser to a soft eLicenser.

I would expect content packs to migrate to Steinberg Licensing once HALion 7 (and therefore presumably HALion Sonic 4 and HALion Sonic SE 4) has arrived.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Lo-Fi piano has moved to Steinberg licensing yet? (Using HALion 7)
I keep ok’ing the nag that the license can’t be found when I start Cubase without the dongle plugged in - which is expected as it’s on the eLicenser.

Just wondering if there was a way of migrating from eLicenser to Steinberg Licensing yet?

This worked for me:
Thanks to: tulshyan.praneet

Hey! I was having the same issues post access key and downloading and installation and everything, lofi piano instrument was not appearing or opening up in Halion Sonic SE. After reading a few of these blogs and doing trial and error, this is what worked for me-

Assuming you’ve used a download access key (they email when you register and sign up on the website for a particular product) and downloaded lofi piano from the Steinberg download assistant.

1. Open eLicenser Control Center app on your system, from it’s help menu, download the latest installer, it should download through the Steinberg website. Here, I had also previously tried downloading from the eLicenser website directly, but that didn’t help. The download through ‘r<>steinberg<>net’ or something, is the one that worked. It was already showing me the Lofi piano license here, so if that’s not showing for you, you’ve not downloaded using the access key or registered properly.
  2. Once the latest version is installed, remove the previously installed lofi piano from Steinberg library manager, re-download and install and re-register from their download assistant.

After this, when I opened the Halion app, it just showed up for me!

No, not yet. Keep an eye on the Sound Content section of the list of software relying on Steinberg Licensing.

The only sound content that has been added to the list of that licenced through Steinberg Licensing so far this year are the two new instruments in HALion 7 / HALion Sonic 7 - FM Lab and Tales.

1 Like

Just use a disposable email address to create a new Steinberg account and get a new activation code to put on the soft eLicenser… but I don’t think it’s even worth it, TBH. It won’t send you a new code if you are logged into a MySteinberg Account that already has a license. You have to use a private browser tab for everything.

There are better free Piano instruments that don’t force you to use that system. Shocked that Steinberg made a free library require the eLCC system.