How can use all my PC CPU?

I’ve got my audio performance monitor on in cubase and it is consistently going in to the red and I’m getting drop outs and clicks. When using the Windows Task Manager Performance tab I can see my CPU is only at between 12 and 17% when it is maxing out in cubase. How can I utilise all my CPU in Cubase more effectively please?
Thanks

Try setting dsk/ram for more performance. It’s accessed in any VST instrument options tab.

1 Like

Have you got asio guard enabled? This usually helps and smooths out the peaks

1 Like

Thanks both - yes ASIO Guard is set and enabled for all the VSTis I’m using - not sure what exactly setting dsk/ram for more performance means though - had a look at . I’t’s so strange that the CPU has so much more to give but just doesnt seem to be directing it to the VSTis I’m using in Cubase.
David

Have you checked to see if one core is maxing out. Do you have all real cores or do you have virtual cores as well.

Have you enable all Cores In Windows ?
if not do so :

1. Type “msconfig” into the Windows Search Box and hit Enter
  2. Select the Boot tab and then Advanced options.
  3. Check the box next to Number of processors and select the number of cores you want to use (probably 1, if you are having compatibility issues) from the menu
  4. Select OK and then Apply

Sometimes, the audio dropouts might be due to your plugins. It’s happened to me several times. Trying figuring out which plugin is causing the dropout, and get the latest update.

Thanks again all.

I have 4 core processor and have the option to use all 4 in the boot advanced options. It’s currently set to 1. Should I change that? I’m hpic1.pdf (48.4 KB) oping to upload pics from my system information and the msconfig dialog…

The drop outs occur for new plugins I’ve just downloaded so it doesnt look like that’s the problem this time.

David

Hi,

Yes, change to 4 core

1 Like

Thanks - changing some settings now.

If anyone from Steinberg Support is reading: could you add a section to the Windows 10 setup guide specifically on creating a dedicated account for audio work?