How do I add the UM-ONE MIDI USB cable to CE8?

As the title says. I’ve Googled a bit, but can’t find anything that tells me how to work with the UM-ONE cable.

You didn’t state what you were trying to hook up so I am assuming you are trying to connect some sort of USB powered keyboard. Do the following…

• Plug in the midi connectors to the associated connectors on the keyboard.
  • Before starting Cubase plug the usb connector to your PC. The PC should recognize it and may have to download drivers.
  • Once your PC recognizes the connection, start up Cubase. CB will scan and recognize the connection.
  • Once in CB, using an “instrument track” set up the input to “all midi devices” in the inspector section.
  • Also in the inspector section assign a VST instrument to the track and choose a sound from what is available.
  • I am assuming that you will probably have to set your keyboard to “local off”. Power on your keyboard and search your keyboard manual to find out how to do that.

Hopefully you should be all set.

Regards :sunglasses:

Sorry about not specifying what I’m doing. My bad.

Basically what I’m trying to do is transfer old MIDI files from my MC50mkII hardware sequencer, to Cubase. All MIDI files are on 3.5 floppies, and the only way to transfer them is to play them in real time into CB as it records the data. I can do this no problem with Cakewalk’s Music Creator, but I really want to use CB going forward.

So the main issue is that when I connect the USB cable from the MC50 to my computer, CB isn’t seeing it at all.

HOWEVER…

Your instructions helped solve it with one small statement: “Before starting Cubase plug the usb connector to your PC”. That’s what I didn’t do initially. When I did that, everything worked as expected. thumbsup

Cool… glad you are up and running. :wink:

Feel free to support this feature request as it could use a bump. Thanks.

Regards :sunglasses:

Done! :slight_smile: