How do I delete a page?

thank you

If these flows are entirely surplus to requirements, select them in the bottom panel and hit the Delete or Bsckspace key.

thank you. I’ve done that now.

My second question relates to how to move pages in engrave mode. It seems that you can’t move pages unless they’ve had over-rides?

Which page are you trying to move, and why?
Typically you create a flow with multiple bars, and when those bars spill off the end of the first page, Dorico automatically creates a second page.
If you create a second flow, it comes after the first flow.
If you want to switch the order of the flows, do that by reordering them in the bottom panel or Setup mode (or in the left column of Project Info).

The need for moving pages is really only in this piece that I’m composing - chamber opera - which alternates spoken word passages with sung passages. And sometimes they need to be moved. It’s driving me a bit bonkers.

Should I create separate flows for spoken sections then sung/played sections?

Flows are only music.

If you want lots of pages with only text, in my opinion, what you need is a second Page Template with just a single text frame. At the moment, you have a “Default” Page Template and are deleting the music frames off when you want text frames only.

Ah, ok. I’ll set about trying to do that

If you have the need to move text only pages, you can right-click the page you want to move and click “Move Pages” and send it wherever you want.

Oh, mate, you could’ve saved me a huge amount of time now, thanks I can see the sense in that

eh? did it go? It look an interesting response

Sorry, I forgot to mention, when you want to add a text only page: in the Pages panel, click “Insert Page” and then select the text Page Template (that you just created), along with where you want it to go in the layout.

Sorry - I slightly muddled something. If you’ve been relying on the buttons directly beneath the Pages panel, try right-clicking on a page in the Pages panel and see if the additional functions there are helpful.

ok thanks

ok will do thanks

great, thanks

I can’t seem to delete the middle blank pages and repeated flows pages even though I only have one flow. The delete page override is grayed out.

You’ll need to post the project, or at least some screenshots.

I’ve manually moved the pages but what a pain, now that I add bars to the ‘Pero’ flow, it does not add pages to that flow but goes through the third flow

I’ve fixed the extra pages after moving the pages where I’ve renumbered, however, when I add bars to the middle flow, the pages of the third flow remain in place.

You have a bunch of page overrides, which need to get resolved. Overrides aren’t forbidden, but they’re messing you up here.

If you have multiple flows with multiple title pages and program notes pages, I honestly would treat these as separate files. It’s possible to keep them together, but it can get messy.

1 Like