How do I raise a technical support ticket (UK)

How do I raise a technical support ticket (I’m in the UK)? Following the help links from Dorico takes me to a page that gives me the choice of “Registration, activation or licensing issue” or “Other Inquiry (not for technical support)”, so what do I do if it is technical support I need? (I’ve tried asking here in for forum, but haven’t made any progress.)

Not wanting to put down our support stuff, but in the difficult case that you raised in the other thread, they will involve me anyway, so you are already helped in the best way here in the forum.

Same here: HOW DO I RAISE A SUPPORT TICKET?
The link in My Steinberg Account attempts to go to ZenDek by the look of it, then logs me out. Hopeless.
What is the email address?
I own quite a lot of Steinberg products here & expect at least some degree of technical support against those purchases.

In particular: am presently migrating & installing on a new Mac Pro 7,1 running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2.
To cut a much longer story short, many of the (latest) Absolute 4 installers give an error at the installl, but with no useful information other than ‘contact the manufacturer’ Ha!
After some jiggling with the Library Manager, libraries are all registered and working.
However, this is for only VST3 plugins.
NONE of the AU plugins are recognised with Logic, Ableton Live, Digital Performer or Studio One.

From the Steinberg Catalina compatibility documents, there is no reference to this.

How do I raise a formal support ticket with Steinberg?

Hello guys, asking Steinberg for support by sending tickets, or callings is complicated thing, and unfortunately
most often they end up with no real help for the users. The best place for asking for support is here! :slight_smile:
The team behind Dorico are very kind and helpful people! :slight_smile:
Unfortunately the same isn’t valid for those behind Cubase… probably the worst support in the DAW business! :frowning:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

The link within your MySteinberg account should go here: https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=9075&L=1

Thanks for replying, appreciated. But, same as per the OP:
Click on the ‘My Requests’ tab and then indicates ‘Goodbye!’ nuts …

Sorry to hear that. Can you try another browser? I’m not aware of any issues with users being spontaneously logged out when they try to submit a ticket, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any!

FWIW, when I try to create a support ticket, it leads me to a list of distributors. All attempts bring me back to mySteinberg and it leads nowhere :frowning:

I have same your problem. I cannot create a support ticket too.

Welcome to the forum, @CHOKE. I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems submitting a ticket. The support arrangements are different depending on the country where you bought your Steinberg product. Please check this page and let me know if you’re still not sure how to open a ticket with the appropriate support team.

I still have the ploblem. Same problem posted by @theduke. it leads me to a list of distributors. No choice to select to a support ticket.

In what country are you located, @CHOKE?

My country is THAILAND. Thank you.

Hi @CHOKE. I’ve checked with my colleagues in our support team, and support for users in Thailand is provided by the local Yamaha office. You can find options for contacting them here.

My colleagues in support also told me that they are reviewing the information that we publish for countries where our colleagues at Yamaha provide support so that an online option for contacting them is made clearly available on our support pages.

Hi @ dspreadbury. I will contact to Yamaha office. Thank you very mmuch.

Sorry, posted on wrong forum…

Did you mean to post this in the Dorico Forum?

(Removed quote from deleted post in reference to which the following was a somewhat sarcastic comment…)

I have, from time to time, noticed that the English speaking Dorico support staff failed pitifully in their English. For example, placing a preposition at the end of a sentence, splitting an infinitive or (heinous crime) using “analyze” instead of “analyse”. Perhaps they should all be locked up with a copy of Fowler for three months before being let loose on the forum.

Then again, perhaps they should be given credit for their human-style responses to some very dodgy requests…

1 Like

The current recommendation in “Fowler”.
“[A split infinitive] is neither a major error nor a grammatical blunder, and it is acceptable and at times necessary when considerations of rhythm and clarity call for it.”

Under “prepositions”, Fowler lists four cases where prepositions may, and usually do, come at the end of a sentence, also two cases where they must do so.

Perhaps the poster should update his copy of Fowler.

It is common for English-language publications with international reach to allow both British and American spellings. I think this forum qualifies for that concession.

5 Likes

I couldn’t decide if the grammar criticism was satirical.

It’s 2021, so I’m going to go with satire.

It might be worth us all watching this for some balance regarding language.

3 Likes