How to connect MIDI keyboard to Android?

What interfaces and cables are required to make a connection to a MIDI keyboard with Cubasis3 for Android?
PLEASE BE SPECIFIC, USING YOUR BRAND OR ANY HARDWARE THAT WILL WORK!
The promotional video shows and tells about such connections, but with no system requirements or manufacturer’s equipment listings.
Further, there does not seem to be a trial offer to see if anything works.
I will be happy to forgo the trial and just pay for the app if there is a proven MIDI interface and cable I can use with an Android phone.
Thanks much, and good luck to all of us…

Hi CraigOmundo,

Thank you for your message.

USB OTG (On The Go) adapters can be used, to connect USB audio and MIDI hardware devices to Android smartphones and/or tablets.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide a specific brand or model.

We are evaluating the options to release Cubasis LE for Android at a later date, which enables users to test drive a smaller feature set of the app in demo mode.

If you want to purchase the app now, it seems to work fine for other users, given the current Google Play ratings and reviews.
If it fails for you, there might be the option for a refund through Google.

For more information about Cubasis for Android, please have a look at our Cubasis for Android FAQ and visit the Cubasis website.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hello, I bought Cubasis 3.0 Android to use with my Samsung Tablet and sound interface Rubix from Roland. I did everything to connect my Yamaha MODX synthesizer but unfortunately I couldn’t manage to use it. Neither the keyboard sends information to the application (when I hit the keyboard keys) nor MODX sounds can be used. Is there a place where I can find detailed information how to connect these together please?

I have bought Cubasis too. Tried to connect a standard USB keyboard with several OTG connectors, but none of them worked.

Hi omendawn30
Give this a try

Hi b139b
On iOS, some of us experienced difficulties getting Cubasis to “see” our midi keyboards (depending on the keyboard make) and so I would usually recommend using a free app called MIDI Wrench, this is the iOS equivalent to the link above. Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your reply
I want to use the keyboard with a Samsung device / Android

Thanks
I try this later today :+1::grinning:

Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello again
It did not work. :confused:
I will try more later…

MIDI Monitor lets you view all incoming MIDI events from your USB MIDI interface, if you can’t see anything on the display when playing the keyboard then it’s an issue with your keyboards or cables. I suppose it’s a matter of process of elimination.

One of the connectors gives “connected” response in the settings in “BandLab” but nothing in “Cubasis”. But no sound or response on the keyboard on the screen. The keyboard + cable is working in Windows/PC.

Sorry I was not much help in this matter. This problem has already been discussed a while back.
Here is a link to that particular thread:

Thank you anyway for your tips! :+1:

1 Like