How to move to new computer while also updating to Dorico 4?

Hi, I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am really not good with computers. I have a new Mac and want to cleanly install Dorico on it, but I also want to upgrade from 3.5 to 4 at whatever price I’m entitled to for owning 3.5. In what order do I do this and on which machine? A final question is how do I move all of the default settings I’ve created over the years to the new machine?

Relevant? Moving licence to new computer
A conundrum - about new versions and new licences, as well as a new computer

Buy the Dorico 4 update from the Steinberg online shop. On your existing computer, where Dorico 3.5 is already installed, run Steinberg Download Assistant and click the Enter your Download Access Code button in the top left corner, and enter the Download Access Code you received in your purchase receipt from the Steinberg online shop. It will detect your existing Dorico 3.5 license, and mark it as upgraded.

At this point, go to your new computer, and download and install Steinberg Download Assistant on there. Run SDA, then sign in with your Steinberg ID. Once you are signed in, you will see Dorico Pro 4 under the My product downloads category. Select it, then on the right-hand side click Install All. Wait for all the progress bars to turn green.

Once everything is installed, start Dorico 4. You will be prompted to sign in to Steinberg Activation Manager with your Steinberg ID, and then Dorico 4 will launch.

That’s all there is to it.

Thanks for the detailed answer Daniel! I appreciate it! :grinning:

Dorico 4.2 up and running on the new machine! And as far as moving all custom settings in one fell swoop, this is the best way?

Yes, though for Dorico 4 that folder is now called “Dorico 4” rather than “Dorico 3.5”.