How to select every n-th note in a MIDI clip

Hi,
I have a very long violin run in 16th notes and i would like to be able to select
the first out of four notes ( 1 note every 4 notes ), or the last ( 4th note every 4 notes )…

i stumbled upon this topic :

and this :

but it didn’t work in my case… only select 1 midi note… note 1 every beat ot bar…
beside i can’t get my head on the parameter 2 of Event Counter : “x/note name” ??

i found a way like this :
( type is > equal > note >> AND
Position > Inside Bar Range > ( for exemple ) 0.0.0.0 > 0.0.1.0 > OR
Position > Inside Bar Range > ( for exemple ) 0.1.0.0 > 0.1.1.0 > OR
Position > Inside Bar Range > ( for exemple ) 0.2.0.0 > 0.2.1.0 > OR
Position > Inside Bar Range > ( for exemple ) 0.3.0.0 > 0.3.1.0 > OR )

this will select the first semi-quaver ot 16th note for each beat in a 4/4 bar…
and you can do the same for the second, third or last

hope this helps someone

That field always displays both a number and midi note. In this case it’s just the number that’s relevant.

Note that in the previous post @flavien must mean *one * of each of the examples should be used, because as-written it would select all (due to boolean OR) . Each of these works as well, and is actually more suited to melody lines imo.

I just tested this, and it does work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer !

Clarification : In my exemple, i needed boolean OR to select 4 notes inside 1 bar ( 16th notes in a 4/4 bar ) each line deals with a beat, so i need the 4 lines
Because i use " inside bar range" and NOT “every other note”.

your solution didn’t work for me because i was trying to enter “X/X” and not just one number.
i’ll try that tomorrow :wink:

You’re working on a melodic line, so selecting based on the time placement of the notes is better anyway instead of Note Counter.