IAA tracks are empty after recording

I thought it would be a good idea to record 8 tracks of around 8 minutes of audio from AUM into Cubasis simultaneously via IAA.

This seemed to work ok while recording with the tracks however as soon as recording stopped then most of the tracks are blank in Cubasis.

This only happens if recording multiple tracks so I recorded them one by one instead. It all ended happily but took 8 times longer to get the tracks into Cubasis.

Hi @belldu,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that Apple’s Inter-App Audio format comes with many limitations which we’ve summarised in this article many years ago. In addition, Apple’s Audio Unit format provides much more flexible options ad can be seen as their successor of the Inter-App Audio format.

We suggest, using Audio Unit plug-ins where possible, and to ask app vendors to release their plug-ins in this format (to make them aware about the demand).

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Thanks for the link to the article.
I think it was probably this cause:

The maximum number of Inter-App Audio connections depends on the device. Connections are severed without notice by iOS in low memory situations.

I did get it to work track by track, and my workflow for the piece was to prototype in AUM then record into Cubasis so IAA was my only option unfortunately.

Hi @belldu,

Thanks for the update.

You can try several things to make empty AU plug-ins work again, such as reloading the project or plug-ins etc. In our view, the best and most flexible option is to use Audio Unit plug-ins nevertheless - strongly recommended.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars