iCON Platform M+ in midi mode

The iCON Platform M+ exits (disconnects) from MIDI (User Defined) mode when installing a new project window (even when there is an empty project) in Cubase 12.
I’ve tried changing the USB sockets and it doesn’t change anything.
There are many examples on YouTube of PM+ working in user mode.
With me it looks like PM+ works fine if I don’t enable the project window in Cubase12
… but why do I need such a vst plugin?
Is it not the fault of my PC? What could possibly be wrong?
Has anyone had this problem?

I’m not entirely sure that I understand the problem.
Can you provide some more information what’s happening?

Ah… the device is locked by Cubase, so the iMap app can’t push a different configuration to the device.
Cubase is used for the mapping in this case.
The lock avoids conflicts.

Dom Sigalas has no problems using PlatformM+ in user mode.

Yes, it’s very nice, very nice.
Using is not configure it. The video was made before MIDI-Remote came out.

Do you have any idea what can be done in this case?
I had the same problem with the PreSonus FaderPort 8, which failed completely in MIDI mode and which I replaced with the PlatformM+.I mention that there was a time when the Platform worked flawlessly.
I know that the conflict is triggered by Cubase (which I reinstalled) when the project window appears, but how do I remedy this?
Cubase engineers would help if they wanted to but I don’t know how to reach them?

From where do you know that?
It has nothing to do with Cubase.
If one app (Cubase) is using the Platform M+, the other app can’t control it.

Maybe your problem is related to understanding what is done with the “MIDI mode”.
If you set the Platform M+ to “MIDI mode” it is just sending MIDI notes and controller data.
You must do the mapping by yourself.

The iMap app is just for configuration of the MIDI channels and messages that the device is sending to the host.

…I know this because currently PlatformM+
allows
control itself in both Mackie and
User mode, the fun ends when the project window opens.
Previously I was able to work with Cubase
in User mode, although I often had to switch off the Platform and start again.

I used mine in user mode… yesterday… switched back to MCU because I don’t need the user mode.

Only the iMap Windows driver version 2.18 is available on the iCONE download page, there is no Firmware file.
Do you perhaps have Steffen a compatible version of both files for the M+ Platform update?
If so , please send them to me.

Only the iMap Windows driver version 2.18 is available on the iCONE download page, there is no Firmware file.
Does anyone perhaps have a compatible version of both files for the M+ Platform update?
If so , please send them to me.

???
The app loads the firmware. If it doesn’t, the device is up-to-date.
2.16 is the latest firmware.

and so I have the current version.
thank you Steffen.