Icon Platform M+ MIDI Remote - should work with any MCU based controller

HI @7blanche

Finally had a moment to check on the automated port finding in Midi Remote scripting. Whilst the Midi Remote clearly supports multiple MIDI In/Out I can’t seem to convince it to detect multiple outputs and assign them to the correct port. It will only auto detect a single in/out pair or a single in (and we need an out).

As such I can see no way to convince it to use the specific ports required without entering them through the interface when first connected, which as we know is per new project.

Hopefuly Steinberg will add to this aspect in a future update.

1 Like

Hi there !
First I have to say thank you @robw and partners for all your work !

I’m trying to find my solution and as I’m just discovering your script, is it normal that the auto banking feature does work only for certain tracks or track types maybe ? For instance, it seems that it does not follow (does not see at all neither) my midi tracks or my fx tracks. Is this normal ? What am I missing ?

Thanks for your help !

Mike.

Hi @MikeNuendo

I’m grateful you are finding value in the script. The auto banking feature behaviour you are seeing is normal - I have the script filtering to audio and Instrument tacks only. If you want to change it the source line that does the filtering is linked below.

Thanks @robw for being so fast in your answer and for your help as well.
Since I’m not good at coding, I guess I need to add some lines like .includeMidiChannels and .includeFxChannels at line 270 ?
Anything else to do ?

Thx :pray:t3:

If you want everything, just delete the two include lines.
But yes, your suggestion is correct if you want more specific control.

I tried to put a single line for midi channels bit it seems the script didn’t work anymore yesterday. I’m gonna try your way to get everything. Thanks for your help.

Check the script API for the available options. If you find it won’t work for you ping me what you would like included and I’ll make the changes and check them at this end for you.

Hey @robw !
thanks for your help.
I just commented those 2 lines you initially wrote and everything work fine for me this way for now. I tried to find the information you told me but I guess I don’t know where to read to find it… I’m this novice this time, sorry… :crazy_face:

By the way, I just found a little bug I guess :
I’m on a midi track for instance, in the mixer view, the controller is following this selected track (since I did the change in the script), then I turn the controller on the 2nd page (Quick Controls), all is ok, then I turn back in the mixer view supposing I’m back still to my selected track but : what I see is the very first tracks of the session and I have to deselect and reselect the track I want to re engage the auto banking back on.

What do you think ?

Hi there,

Just an update about 2 things :

• Little bug described here before still there, whatever I try, so I guess it’s a programming thing that I’m not able to deal with :slight_smile:
  • Another trouble I have is : How to assign Midi CCs in the last page which is supposed to be here to manage direct Midi CC sent messages ?

Thanks @robw,
Thanks everybody.

1 Like

This is amazing!!

Is anyone else having the issue where track names don’t refresh unless you move the fader? Any ideas on how to fix this?

That’s a new Cubase issue introduced in the 12.0.60 update. I have already reported it, so all we can do is vote for that thread :unamused:

Hi!
I just purchased the platform M+ and this script is magic!
I am getting an issue where every time I open Cubase I have to re-add the surface. I don’t need to import it, but it’s not under my remotes and then I need to add it and choose the midi ports.\

Am I missing a step to get Cubase to remember it?
Thanks!

Another bug I’m noticing is that the script won’t show sampler tracks in the faders. I’m assuming this is a Midi-Remote limitation?
Just thought I would mention this.

EDIT:
I’m also not seeing FX tracks, group tracks or midi tracks represented in my faders.
So essentially just Audio and Instrument.

Is anybody else getting the same behaviour?

I’d imagine your port names are different to what the script is expecting, change these in the icon_platformplus.js file to be the ports which you manually select:

If you’re not using the MIDI CC out option then comment out the following lines too (use ‘//’ characters, if you’re not aware of how to do this):

Because if that’s not found then the script will fail to auto load too.

Make sure you use a plain text editor, I’m using VS Code in those screenshots.

Thank you!!
I’ll test this right away.

Are you able to use the faders to control more than just instrument and audio tracks with your setup?
For whatever reason if I have an fx tracks, group tracks, sampler tracks or midi tracks (essentially anything other than instrument or audio tracks) selected, it won’t show up in my faders.

Thank you for this script. Working for an old Platform M (without the +). The only inconvenient is that the track names do not change, only change when the fader is moved. I guess that there’s no solution until Steinberg introduces a new update fixing this issue. Is that right?.

By the way, it has not been clear for me if it’s possible to add a platform X+ extender.

Thanks everybody.

Hi @quark are you able to see group tracks and fx tracks on your Platform M faders?
I’m just checking if I’m having a weird issue or is that just how this script works.

Thanks.

Hi @BRVLN. Yes I 'm, but because eI added to the script. I checked the API and added:
.includeAudioChannels()
.includeInstrumentChannels()
.includeSamplerChannels()
.includeMIDIChannels()
.includeFXChannels()
.includeGroupChannels()
.includeVCAChannels()

I tried removing all so by default appear all the tracks but did not work for me, so I ended adding these type of tracks.
The only important issue (in mixer page, I’ve not checked the other pages yet), is that the display does not show the track info when auto bank changes the track (when select any track). Only gets the info when move the fader. It seems a new issue with the last Cubase update according different threads that I’ve seen hear. But I’m not sure…maybe there’s a solution but my knowledge on the midi remote API is nonexistent. I’m new with this Cubase feature.
I started with midi remote mapping because of auto bank(when select a track in cubase) feature, is very annoying to change the bank when have many tracks. Auto bank save me and in fact now I’m not using the platform x+ extenders. Maybe I will use again if some day the extenders can be integrated with midi remote, by the moment I do not know how…

1 Like

Moreover, I just noticed that sometimes some light buttons in platform are not triggered. The button works but the light is not triggered, it’s not important for me if the button works but…

the names and values on the display do not change when switching banks or tracks.
anyone has any idea for a fix? that would be really helpful! im on cubase 12.0.60(win)
awesome script btw!

cheers,
Jurian