Import song project are not saved

I import tracks from “Import song project (track only)” feature.

If I save and re-open the project, the tracks have not been saved…

ont save

It clearly says so when you export it!
Note that tempo and signature events are also assets (saved in their resp. folders).
Also when you import it in the same directory where you exported it, it will well find its assets. If you want to export to a remote directory, use Save Archive. You may also try to copy assets manually, but why :slight_smile:

I’m not sure to understand.
I did not talk about “Export” but “Import”.
If I import a project exported via Cubase (vst live feature), the tracks are not loaded after saving project.

Me neither :slight_smile:

You said “I import tracks from “Import song project (track only)” feature.”
That is in the Song menu, and it naturally expects files as saved with “Export Song Project (TRACKS only)” from the same menu.

Media project files as exported from Cubase are supposed to be imported via File/Import Media Project. What is the file extension of the project that you try to import?

No, I did not use the export feature from vst live but the vst live export feature from Cubase.

It is a great feature for cubase user to import directly a song in VST Live.

But unfortunately, when I save the VST Live project, all tracks are losts.

But did you try “File/Import Media Project” instead of “Song/Import Song Project” then??

have the same question/problem, with a midi file.

made a midi track, go to bar#147, press import, the file is there and play fine. After save and restart the project, the import is gone.
try with File/Import Midifile then it creates a new miditrack, with the import. After save und restart the project the midifile is gone.

short update, if the midifile imported at bar#1, than its saved. drag it to #147 where i need this, in my case, its deleted after restart.

But did you try “File/Import Media Project” instead of “Song/Import Song Project” then??

Yes, both have the same results.
In fact the tracks are saved but not the content.

Ok, so

• Cubase: export (as you showed)
  • do you move any files now? Don’t.
  • Import in VST Live via File/Import Media Project
  • works every time here

If it still doesn’t for you, may we ask you to send us the Cubase file (.cpr), no other files needed. But let me repeat: it can only work if you don’t move any files between export and import.

• I export from cubase,
  • I move anything,
  • I import from file/Import Media or Song/Import project,
  • everything I want is imported correctly
  • I save
  • I open the project
  • the tracks are still there, but not the content

Save at the same location?
Try Save Archive (and open where you saved the archive), does that work?

Could not reproduce this anymore with the upcoming version (1.0.42), should it still fail then, pls. let us know, thanks!

There is no problem with “save Archive”. There is the track with the audio.

But with the same project, if I import a new song with audio and I use “normal” save, and then I open the archive project, the audio is lost.

So to save the audio, I always need to use “save archive”

So…the project you are loading, and which does not show the waveform, does it have a folder alongside of it labeled “audio”? If so, is your audio file in there?
If not, I suspect the audio file is really in the Cubase project folder. If so, it would be great if you could send the vlprj file that fails to load the audio, thanks.

Indeed, there is no “audio” folder. So that’s the issue.
So I tried some cases.

• Create a new project => does not create “audio” folder
  • “Save” a project => does not create “audio” folder
  • “Save as” => does not create “audio” folder
  • “Save Archive” => CREATE AN “AUDIO” FOLDER
  • File/Import media project => does not create “audio” folder
  • File/Import audio file => does not create “audio” folder
  • Song/Import song project (track only) => does not create “audio” folder
  • Adding new audio track (track view) => does not create “audio” folder
  • “Import” button (track view) => CREATE AN “AUDIO” FOLDER

Asset folders are created when an asset (audio, midi, video etc) is written for the first time.

It refers to an existing file then.

Correct, and it tells you so explicitly (tracks only - which is to say “no assets”).

As said, no need because there are no assets yet.

Should be the same as with file menu, will check.

Then the project should point to the original file (probably where your Cubase project is). If you moved it, it cannot find it. If you did not, we would really love to see the vlprj file to check why it fails.

I don’t move the folder. That’s why it is strange.

ah sorry, that’s the one you already sent…will check right now.

hmmm, there is an audio file with a very strange name, starting with “basse” and then some strange character and then " (D).wav", which might cause difficulties…what is that name exactly?