Important | Music Studio on iPhone using iOS 13

Just an update to confirm that updating iOS to 13.3.1 does NOT rectify the issues described. Music Studio is still unusable in my iPhone X. Please could we at least have a statement as to an ETA on a fix for this.

Thanks

I’m guessing there is a lot of finger pointing between Apple and Steinberg as to whom is responsible for this massive blunder or we’ve been completely abandoned. Now that Cubasis 3 is released, maybe there’ll be more time to address music studio issues. C3 is a completely new app re-worked from the ground up and not as an update to cubasis 2 (which C2 users are also charged $50 for it…shame) and is loaded with many user requests. Since September of last year, MS users have had just ONE request which is to merely have music studio work on their phones. It’s a real shame not getting any reply from the team because posts on the cubasis forums are replied to promptly from an employee. It’s a shame to read how many users aren’t only requesting but BEGGING to get MS fixed for fear of loosing their work, sanity and peace of mind. Even if the team lied and said they were currently looking into the situation, it would be a hell of a lot better than being ghosted. I wanted to address this reply to the music studio team but they’re not going to read it…or they will read and won’t reply. Shame. I feel that I will go into an obscenity laced rant so I’ll be a gentleman and end it here. It’s more than what steinberg deserves. On the off-chance the someone at steinberg reads this, please step up, own it and give us the status of your little MS vacation.

Jon

Unfortunately, due to the lack of response, I felt compelled to address this issue to Lars at steinberg on the cubasis 3 forum. All members please feel free to go to and reply at will on the cubasis 3 forum on the Music Studio/Cubasis Update post where I think this would get more attention.

For some odd reason the post was bounced back to this forum under Music Studio/Cubasis Update.

Hi;

When the problem with IPhone 6s Plus an others should be fixed?

I bought Music Studio for and I can use it.

Please, tell us something about it.

Thanks un advanced

Hi:
I want to know if you finally Fix the issue with Iphone?

I bougth the app for Iphone and it does not works correctly.

Thanks un advanced.

I am shocked to discover this thread - I recently bought an UR22 MK11 and looked forward to recording on my iPhone. I have spent days trying without success to make it work, and decided I must be doing something wrong - however on reading this thread I realise it isn’t me, but a failure in the app. I am very disappointed - you really need to fix this as you advertise it as being usable with iPhone. Please tell me when you anticipate releasing a fix, or whether there is a workaround.

I’d love for Steinberg to even say “we are not updating this app anymore” as opposed to no response. This way I would be happy paying for Cubasis or another app. I, as many of the people in this thread have spent quite a lot of money buying the app along with all the additional plugins and I wouldn’t want to spend all that again and more on Cubasis if Steinberg are just going to fix the app. Please just tell us, you’re not fixing it, so we can all move on and forget about this trying time.

Thanks

I hope that Music Studio on iPhone using iOS 13 and Android issue will be resolved quickly by the capable developer of Steinberg, as anyone who is already using this app will not have any problem. I believe Steinberg has the best team to solve this problem.

Hello,
Have improvements been completed? What steps should I take to recover and repair my issues?

Any suggestions with this is appreciated.
Currently running iOS 13.5.1

Hey everyone. I have figured out a way to recover all of your files from the musicstudio app and load them into cubasis 3 (there are also a few other apps this will work with). Basically, you can still navigate on the broken musicstudio app, so:

1. navigate into your projects tab by tapping somewhere in the middle of the screen,
  2. then export your songs and turn them into MIDI files.
  3. Then open up your cubasis 3 app and import your MIDI file from the “my Iphone” > “musicstudio” option

This should rescue your work. Let me know if you’re having issues or need more details.

Today’s update to version 2.11 resolves this issue:

Sorry for the long wait, everyone!