Dear Dorico Team,
after further work with Dorico the following possible improvements come to my mind:
- In Galley View, highlight the instrument name of the line where currently the input focus is. (I have a huge score where it often happens to me that I enter the notes to the wrong instrument)
- It would be great when there would be a way to jump to an individual flow. I have currently 15 flows and some kind of navigation would be helpful, e.g. in Write mode, add the name of the flow as overlay (like the instruments) on top of the page.
- In understand that drum (sets) are not fully supported. I don’t care much about the audio output, but it would be very helpful if it would be possible to enter at least the notes on the individual lines. If someone has a workaround in patching the instruments.xml, it would be great to know about
- It would be helpful if the sensitivity of the manual zoom would take into account that in a large score (80 system), where the system size is already very small, so that small changes in the manual zoom does not have a too huge effect in the display. Currently it happens on my MacBookPro that during zoom with the two fingers, when nothing is selected, the changes are too extreme and easily the area, where I am currently working on moves out of the display, even I move my fingers very slowly. This is much better when something is selected. I would expect that the point, where currently the mouse is, stays in the center of the screen.
- Adding to the Fermata section a G.P. (General Pause)
- Add inside the tooltips for all addons from the right panel the possible short notation during input. An alternative would be, to offer a webpage similar to the key commands.
- During note input it would be great if the algorithm of finding the right octave where to place the next note would take into account the supported note range of an instrument, if possible. E.g. The last input note was the lowest note on a Cello ©, when I enter as a next note a Bb, then this cannot be Bb below the C, but only the Bb an octave up. I know that sometimes strings in have a special tuning, and that this could hardly be reflected in the algorithm. But this happens very seldom from my point of view.
- It would be nice, if one could place any kind of dynamic specifier at a certain measure position during input in a bar and not only attached to a note. I know that it is possible to move them around later on. But that is cumbersome from my point of view. E.g. when I know that a crescendo should just starts on the last quarter of a 4 quarter note, then I would like to place it there from the beginning. Doing this kind of rework later on in engraving mode is from my point of view extra work.
- In engraving mode it would be nice if one could fix the vertical or horizontal position by pressing a button while moving the end or beginning of a (de-)crescendo.
If anything of this is already possible, then please forgive me, I did not find so far this feature.
In case that I did not explain my proposals clear enough, please let me know.
Beside this the latest patch 1.0.30 is really a great improvement, especially in respect to the editing performance!
Many thanks and regards,