Invalid Project Files

Any chance you can explain then why no other program gets the same catastrophic issue?

Cubase is the only program that gives me a fatal error and cannot re-open the file…There has to be a way to open these files…

1 Like

Thank you so much, I will give it a go and see if this fixes the issue, I also saved my project to other hard drives and all seem to have this same issue…I repaired my main drive and the problem still persists…I’m on final delivery process and this has been devastating…thanks for your help.

2 Likes

what other programs are you talking about? not all programs use memory in the same way, or the same amount of memory. There could be a million explanations for that

I don’t know, Film Editing, Photoshop ???

OK look, I am a massive fan of Cubase OK? I worked with Cubase all my life, but this is just too much…The program has been designed to handle large files and cumbersome virtual instrument libraries… it is the program’s and by definition, the company’s obligation and responsibility to look into issues that affect its customers and give a definitive answer to what is clearly a massive problem.

I am hardly the only person that has reported this issue and there is not a clear answer as to how to fix this huge problem.

This isn’t some small issue with a program crash, this INVALIDATES ones work!

I’m trying to resolve your issue, not defend Cubase.

Yeah but buddy, I have explained everything I can explain, and I am at a complete loss, all the info I gave is all I have…If nothing comes out of this, at least I hope that the staff will look into this and that this very serious issue won’t happen in the future , or that at least there will be a solid way to fix this issue…

I’m just saying, this issue could have been caused system or OS side.

Well, I wish I could understand this, but I can’t, thing is, if this is outside Cubase or not, it is still happening to Cubase…not any other programs or files that I have and work on…I will research a little more when I have proper time, I hope to get to the bottom of this and at least find a helpful solution…

I’ve experienced massive issues with 11. 11.0, 11.0.1, 11.0.2, most of the issues in all three.
There is one new botch I know of (I’m talked out on those) at each “Maintenance” update, but the performance is not different.

It is not going to be my system, because I do other resource-intensive work on it that performs with no stability or performance issues WHATSOEVER. FCPX, Resolve, perform literally unbelievably well here. Cubase 10 and 10.5 performed as well as Cubase can on OSX as far as I can even imagine it. There is shite coding here. I’m not a coder, I’m just a simple musician, but I’ve been at this for 18 yrs.

This has been shoddy work, features breaking other features, weird bugs (that not everybody, or even many people care about but they are real), there is constant corruption (and I’m not even running that hot) and the highest maintenance of anything I’ve ever experienced. This is not me or my failure to understand things.

I happen to think this is the place for this rant. I don’t expect any help for it, I’m not going to hang out but stuff needs saying.

3 Likes

I appreciate that, you gave me an insight into Cubase 11…I will hold back into buying any updates for the time being…

1 Like

There’s more people not having problems, than there is having problems. You seem to be one of very few people on the forums that keeps saying the same thing but has very little self-insight into your system. I will reformat my entire computer to figure out a problem, whether it’s improper shutdowns, or software crashing, etc, etc.

Yes there are bugs but you seem to imply you are dealing with all out catastrophe and the software is unusable. If that’s the case, you need to be looking more at your side of things, because the software is beta tested by both PC and Mac users.

Hi there, I tried this method and it didn’t work, thanks so much for the suggestion though, but the problem seems to be massive in terms of loss of data which seems unrecoverable.

I honestly cannot understand how this is not solvable…very disappointed with Steinberg…

Could you share one of these corrupt files please?

Hi there, thanks so much for asking, but the file has work which is for a film score to a movie by a company that I have a contract with, and can’t share this material…so sorry.

I do appreciate the offer to help though…

Sorry that didn’t help. You should try one other thing to eliminate hardware issues and that is to run memtest to check your memory. If that passes you can say it’s most likely the software or at least you will have proven that it’s not either of the two most likely hardware issues.

Press Windows Key + R, type “mdsched.exe” into the Run dialog that appears, and press Enter. You’ll need to reboot your computer to perform the test.

Windows Memcheck won’t always find memory problems even if there are.

give MemTest86 a run, basic version is free. You have to boot it from USB via BIOS though

1 Like

Good suggestion. I’ve used memtest86 for my memory checks, but was going for easy. Didn’t realize the MS version wasn’t as effective. Still, it wouldn’t be bad for a first pass test given how easy it is to run, and it might/should find the problem.

1 Like

Have You tried running Cubase as Admin ? Just to exclude some permission problems.
Have You tried opening a corrupt .cpr file in a txt editor and see if the RIFF header looks correct, you could open a known good .cpr to compare.
Any older version of Cubase installed, that you could try opening the project in ?
Any luck starting a new project and importing tracks from the corrupt project ?
Have you updated any plugins as of late, or installed new ones. ?

1 Like

Thank you so much for all your help, I will try.

1 Like

I appreciate that, I will give it a go.