Is anybody here from the good old days? (yrs2000-2005)

OK, youā€™re absolutely sure Iā€™m not.

:unamused:

P.S. Ask me if I care.

Did I say you were not?

Do you care?

+1

I joined the old forum in 2004 and Iā€™m still here, though I donā€™t hang out here as much as I did beforeā€¦

Mark R. Hodge! :smiley:

ā€˜I donā€™t sing in falsetto voice!!!ā€™ :laughing:

I was also a lot more active on the old forum, mainly because C4 was such a disaster. As a result I ended up getting involved in a lot more discussions with trolls who seemed more interested in raising their post count than creating music, or perhaps they were just lonely. In any case, as the stability of Cubase improved, I found I was enjoying making music with it so much I no longer felt like wasting any more time on the forum. This generation of the forum is a lot more civilized, but the Cubase section still needs to be handled with rubber gloves a lot of the time.

I think I joined about 2003. Canā€™t remember my old handle though. I must admit, this forum used to get pretty spicy back then. :ugeek:

and what/who is ā€œBrainsā€ mentioned here and there in the forum ? i have always wondered !! :unamused:

I still know and am in contact with Paul on his own forum, though he may have lost interest in music, heā€™s gained quite a bit of interest in world politics, and particularly interested in sympathizing with murderous sandal wearing, towel head wearing, bomb hurdling, anti-US, anti-UK terrorists, and generally any entity that is anti-west, whoā€™s primary aim is to murder the Infidels! Aint that right Paul? :laughing:

Thatā€™s him! lol He actually invited me to come and see him sing ā€˜liveā€™ at a Karaoke bar :mrgreen: I was considering it, as I came to Petaluma to go camping once in a while. I still think he was playing a wild joke on all of us :mrgreen:

Yes, the good Olā€™ days were much more spicy indeed. The Steinberg forums have become very sterile. Tru that it got out of hand though. And some members, in relation to other members, were really just begging for more of what they were trying to police others for sayingā€¦ those types (and you know who you are) got it 10 fold! :laughing:

Iā€™ve been here a long time, although not nearly as active as many others. Probably late 90ā€™s onward, since I got my first Cubase in '98 or '99. I agree, there were an enormous number of interesting and crazy posts, as well as some fabulous music. I remember Hippo (guy was enormously knowledgeable), Paul Woodlock (another very knowledgeable guy, although I guess he had a few run-ins), Nerg (wonderful drummer with a lot of good music posts), Uncle Grusom was very active then (still is here now and then; some of the best musical posts of all time), Lenny Lee (here rarely now, but one of the best musicians we had), Jet (left us not so long ago to tend to his wife - many incredible albums posted here), Neil (the guy with the finger injury - lots of good playing, advice all the time that helped me, reincarnated multiple times, may still be here using some name I donā€™t recognize, but thanks Neil), Maury is here forever (but I canā€™t remember hearing any of his stuff), Steve (Plectrumboy - I can remember only one music post which revealed that he could play up a storm), HowlingUlf, Sherz, Jeff Hayat, Fooloman, ZapAxe (what happened?), Prism, Twilightsong, Woodcrest, JL, Kenny, anyway, lots of influences, plus invaluable advice, and I know I donā€™t remember everyone. Oh Phil D. He was always the first guy to comment on a new piece, and he was here for a while on the new forum, but disappeared. And John Reid was extremely helpful in the beginning.

Does anybody remember Ghost? Lots of entertainment there.

I donā€™t mean to mention everyone who ever helped me. So many people. Another guy I want to know what happened toā€¦ BlueBob. Many more contributors I could mention.

I remember a lot of those you mentioned now- thanks!

I think this is the right Mike- if so a great article and statement about the many great musicians who have posted and some that continue to post here. Similar things are probably posted on the old forum- so newer members can appreciate this

http://www.jazzpolice.com/content/view/5421/2/

If I canā€™t remember the year I first came to cubase.net, does that mean I was there in the good Ol daze?

This is what the forum needs I think lmao- but some parts might be more than ambiguously gay lol- has anyone posted this yet? Is this guy on here? you gotta watch starting at about 12 seconds into it

No, it means youā€™re over 50ā€¦ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(Not making fun of older dudesā€¦itā€™s just reality. Iā€™m one and I forget things all the time. Waitā€¦what was I talking about? :laughing: )

Yeah, I saw this before. Great fun! :laughing:

He still exists. :astonished:

But according to the statistics more active in the C6 forum.

I donā€™t think he cares much for C7, at least based on a lot of his comments. I donā€™t blame him either.

Aloha guys.

While pondering the title of this thread I came to realized that there is probably a
14 year old kid somewhere on this planet using Cubase that was not even alive in 2000.
And is most likely is very good at ā€˜Cubasingā€™.

Whoa!! Talk about; ā€˜thangs that make ya goā€¦huhā€™.

This from some episode of ā€˜Star Warsā€™:
ā€˜You donā€™t want to sell me deathsticksā€™ā€¦ā€˜I donā€™t want to sell you deathsticksā€™
ā€˜You want to go home and rethink your lifeā€™ā€¦ā€˜I want to go home and rethink my lifeā€™.

The ā€˜rethinking my lifeā€™ part is precisely what I am doing these days
and this thread is a gentle reminder.

{ā€˜-ā€™}

ā€¦ whose parents may have even met here.

More likely at ā€œCubasisingā€ā€¦ :smiley:

The crowd in the cloud
Too loud
Rain of pain
On Steinyā€™s brain