Is HALion 7 just a myth?

No, that’s just something else to put up with. :slight_smile:

I’m referring more to visual issues that make Cubase hard to work in, like this:

For 4 months we had to endure MIDI events being drawn incorrectly on the screen:

Plus constant issues with plugin scaling:

Steinberg control the VST spec yet still can’t get their DAW or third party developers to scale correctly, perhaps made worse for me as it occurs on commonly used plugins, which is a real bummer.

We’ll see once the subscription model comes into effect, I guess. I think we’re very much in the ‘winging it’ stage right now, and it totally depends on what features and plugins your using as to how affected you are with this fingers in ears “We’ll get through this” approach.

I’m sure in a few years time the benefits will be there, i’m just not enjoying this transition period at all. New MIDI Remote, new licensing, new CPU architectures to support, killing off VST2… It’s a lot to take on while also wanting to bring new users onboard too. Too many of us are falling down the gaps.

Unless Absolute 6/HALion 7 shows significant improvements in regards to interface scaling i’ll probably just sell my licenses. For me, getting it on the new licensing and making it useable across different screen setups is just the bare minimum.

3 Likes